PDA

View Full Version : PVR + Owens - Mid April (Late report)

hamdenst
05-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Apologies for the late report. My cousin & I headed up to Bishop in mid-April just before the trout season actually started. Wished I could have gotten up there for opening day but was unable to due to work schedules. Anyway, got up to PVR around 5pm the 1st day and both my cousin and I got one 'bow each, on PB & Panther Martin by the dam. Day 2 we work early and walked a little further up PVR than we fished the day before. C&R'd about 15 bows between both us before noon, mostly on small Panthers and a few on PB. Saw some people on the shore fishing small Rapalas but didn't look like they were having much luck although the guys fishing flies on the float tubes were killing it. Called it a day early since it was getting hot and headed back to town. My cousin managed to get a nice rainbow on the Owens just outside of the city before it got too dark. Awesome trip overall and if fishing was this good before the actual season opener, I can only imagine what it is now that the season is in full swing.