PDA

View Full Version : Echo Park Re-Opening Soon + Video

carpanglerdude
05-11-2013, 08:36 AM
LaTimes is reporting Echo Park will reopen on HJune 15th:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0511-echo-park-lake-20130511,0,4639170.story

I*B*CATCHIN
05-11-2013, 11:23 AM
I pasted the park yesterday morning was surprised that it was still closed ..., but I'd say it looks real nice ....they did an awesome job ....I never fished it but its on my bucket list .....this year I plan to explore my fresh water side more

Ifishtoolittle
05-11-2013, 12:22 PM
I really hope that the locals and those who visit the lake/park can keep it clean and healthy.

aggs234
05-16-2013, 03:42 PM
sooo if it was drained, and now there is new , non toxic water... does that they put back the same fish , put new fish? i mean who knows if there are bass in there yet , and how many, wud suck if its open and they put like 5 bass only in that big body of water.... somebody post something if and when they get that first catch ... sooo happy and thrilled , hit me up if anyone of yall wanna go and check it out and fish when it opens!!!

those lily pads look promising.. fish love cover , cant wait !!

aggs the angler..

reservoir dog
05-16-2013, 04:23 PM
sooo if it was drained, and now there is new , non toxic water... does that they put back the same fish , put new fish?

aggs the angler..

Before remodeling I believe the fish were transferred to MacArthur Park. I doubt they're going to scoop up fish from MacArthur Park and bring it back into the clean water. Hopefully they put something back in there before the hood stocks it with dead bodies...:Guns:

PokerFish
05-16-2013, 07:23 PM
I grew up in that area and fished there all throughout my teens.....good to see the place coming back to life. I wonder what they will be stocking there.

Verde Fish
05-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Before remodeling I believe the fish were transferred to MacArthur Park. I doubt they're going to scoop up fish from MacArthur Park and bring it back into the clean water. Hopefully they put something back in there before the hood stocks it with dead bodies...:Guns:Urban myths!. Read the 8th line of this;
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-echo-park-lake-20130510,0,417378.story