PDA

View Full Version : Crystal lake

pescadito
05-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Has anyone been up there this year?
saw in the paper that they had stocked it in April.
I love that little gem of a lake, but havent been in years.
Hopefully they stock it in May.
I would love to go back....
Last couple years it was really surrounded by mats of weed and algae. Has it changed at all?
thanks in advance...

flyhigh123
05-10-2013, 12:07 PM
went last year and the water level was way down. It is still surrounded by a 10 foot ring of algae and weeds. I did catch some trout, but it is difficult working around the ring of weeds. good luck and post a report. Also, i noticed some lmb feeding and heard there are some there as well.

carpanglerdude
05-10-2013, 10:19 PM
The ring of weeds is pretty awful. Saw several dead trout up there too.

jsmith91725
05-18-2013, 10:35 AM
throw a nightcrawler or a gulp pinched crawler on a 1 1/2 foot leader under a bobber and fish just outside the ring of weeds and you will get them

i walked around the lake and fished the weed edge and caught 11 in 3 hours so im assuming they hold on the edge of the weeds

i used 6 pound test and dragged them on top of the weeds lol but the fishing is good!!

gzank6
07-01-2013, 12:35 PM
I cruised by yesterday, wasn't really looking to fish and glad i wasn't. it looked really bad but there were half a dozen or more people tossing them over the weeds. it was really low and smelly. Even the hiker that passed by me commented sarcastically.... "so this is crystal lake?". It was my first time seeing the lake... not impressive at all. We headed back down to west fork... wasn't much better... water flow was good an clear but people were EVERYWHERE. i expected that with the heat but man it was crowded... I had found a nice spot... I thought until a family came out of no where... they walked up the trail and around... except one guy looked right at me and walked right through the water. I called him out but with my son i wasn't about to start anything over a fishing spot.