PDA

View Full Version : Walker or Parker Lake in the june lake loop?

corkoner
05-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Just wondering if any has been to or has heard of the fishing conditions at walker or parker lake. im going up there in a couple of weeks and not sure if i have time to hit up both lakes. Any reports?

Sierra_Smitty
05-10-2013, 12:04 PM
People usually don't post reports about those lakes but as far as conditions go, they're both ice free by now. I'd go Parker for the chance at quality and Walker for a better chance at avoiding the skunk.

corkoner
05-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the info. gonna try some new sierra slammer baits i got at the fred hall show.. hopefully we do well...

IncredibleHuck
05-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the info. gonna try some new sierra slammer baits i got at the fred hall show.. hopefully we do well...

Their Grasshopper color was on fire the last two trips i've been up that way.

corkoner
05-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Their Grasshopper color was on fire the last two trips i've been up that way.

oh nice. i think i have that color. thanks for the info..

xxx
05-13-2013, 01:09 PM
We were up at Parker this past Saturday and it was pretty slow. I was using wet and dry flies on a spinning outfit with ZERO hits. Also no hits with Thomas Bouyant red and gold lurer. Only one fish caught in our group was a beautiful 2lb brown on a nightcrawler at the inlet. We started fishing about 8:30 am...maybe too late for the morning bite?? Good luck!

corkoner
05-13-2013, 01:32 PM
We were up at Parker this past Saturday and it was pretty slow. I was using wet and dry flies on a spinning outfit with ZERO hits. Also no hits with Thomas Bouyant red and gold lurer. Only one fish caught in our group was a beautiful 2lb brown on a nightcrawler at the inlet. We started fishing about 8:30 am...maybe too late for the morning bite?? Good luck!

Thanks for the update. If the fish aren't biting, at least we can enjoy the scenery..

bstolton
05-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Stopped at walker lake last year on a hike up bloody canyon to sardine lake, via the walker lake trailhead. Only made 2 casts but got fish on both, i definitley want to go back and spend some more time there. I heard there might be another way in there? Pm if you don`t want to post.