PDA

View Full Version : The River Tweed in scotland

britheguy
09-11-2007, 11:05 PM
This summer i went to England and did some fishing! YAY, My wonderful parents set up a amazing guided trip in scotland, A lotta video clips, but i cant upload them yet :x, I also went fishing in Yorkshire, on this trout flyfishing farm, which was WONDEFUL, even tho i got the big :skunk:, A lot of FAT trout, and i mean FAT trout were swimming around, this gave me flyfishing practice and it was great.

I also went to this ausome flyfishing shop in london called Farlows and got this fly rod i love [Attachment]

In scotland we fished for Salmon, Brown Trout, And Grayling [all flyfishing] No big fish :( but i got nocked by a salmon...lost it...:bang:...and got hit by a couple of grayling.
A lot of little parr trout, and 1 parr salmon. Going on this trip reminded me of somthing, its not all about the fish, but more about being in the outdoors, and being with the people who enjoy what you enjoy.

Hopefully ill get the video uploaded! And hopefully next summer ill travel by myself and fish the world (well maybe not the world) But fish cool places!

P.S Does any 1 know any good fishing lodges in B.C or Midwest states?

Happy Fishing,
Britheguy :D

sansou
09-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Awesome!

If your parents are seeking to adopt, please put my name down!

Been to Scotland once (1987) and fished in coca-cola colored water outside of Edingburgh at a place called Fitty. The river water was clear, but the brown algae below made it look like coca-cola. Hooked a salmon, and lost it at the bank.

Hopefully you can post some more pics of this great trip!

Granny Fish
09-12-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm up for adoption!
I even do dishes :wink:

britheguy
09-12-2007, 07:30 PM
lol! I think that there gonna put my sister UP for adoption, so there might be an opening, so no more twin sister :D

BBL2Baja
09-13-2007, 12:43 PM
P.S Does any 1 know any good fishing lodges in B.C or Midwest states?

Are you talking Canadian provinces? Or are you talking the Midwest of the United States? I'm guessing, since you mentioned BC, you mean Canada.

I've taken a fishing (err...romantic getaway with the wife, I mean) trip to Banff, Alberta. There are many lodges in the Nat'l Park and around Lake Minnewanka. Big ol' lake trout in that place. Very beautiful, very nice and serene. Kind of costly, probably could have gone to Alaska and done more for my loonies, but I got to see the Great Canadian Wilderness.

Later,
Scott

britheguy
09-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Ty, scott, i think our trip has been revised to just the eastern sierras. Ty any way!

one_leg
09-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Ty, scott, i think our trip has been revised to just the eastern sierras. Ty any way!

Maybe I should take your place then? Just trying to help. :wink:

One_Leg