PDA

View Full Version : Bass Lake?

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
05-09-2013, 01:02 PM
anyone hear anything about this nice place lately?

My wife and I want to take a trip but we dont want it to be lousy

thanks in advance for the help :Big Smile:

DaRealDill
06-12-2013, 10:29 PM
I know they drained the lake to do dam repair. Think it's been 2 years now. Not sure if the fishing has picked back up.

fishermanx14
06-12-2013, 10:33 PM
my uncle is heading up there for a weeding preatty soon....seems everytime he goes he brings his fishing stuff if ill try to ask him and i will post again if i can

Caliyak
06-13-2013, 12:32 PM
The lastest fishing report from the Fresno Bee

"Bass Lake

Todd Wittwer of Kokanee.net Guide Service reported not much has changed although the rainbow bite tapered off. Action for trout is best on the north side from the Sheriff's Tower on up, but there are rainbows near the dam. Wittwer has been scoring with Rocky Mountain Tackle's Assassin spinners in black/white, pink, green or blue while the Uncle Larry's Mad Cow spinner has been effective. Radical Glow Tubes in similar colors are working for kokanee at 18 to 28 feet. Kokanee are moving daily, but the best concentration is from the Sheriff's Tower toward Miller's. Bank anglers are scoring with Power Bait or inflated night crawlers from the Falls to the Sheriff's Tower. Wittwer has used corn scented in herring or anise oils or Gulp Maggots. There are only a few second-year kokanee and no adults due to last year's dam reconstruction. Boat traffic is heavy on the weekends and it is betting crowded on weekdays. Bass action has been good for 1.25- to 1.5-pound spots under the docks in the afternoon with Senkos or drop-shotting. The lake held at 78% capacity. A webcam is at BassLakeFishing.com or BassLakeCA.com.

Call: Todd Wittwer 288-8100; Mike Beighey 642-3748; Bass Lake Water Sports 642-3200

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
07-02-2013, 12:25 PM
thanks everybody for the info. much appreciated