PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a 6/8 pack in SD

sansou
04-25-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm in the market to hire a 6 pack or 8 pack out of SD, for an overnight albie/YT trip early july out of San Diego. I haven't been on one of these in a few years, so I am hopeful you all might have some recommendations on particular boats that you liked, or disliked!

I'll be eating this bill as it is for "client development", and consequently I'm trying to keep this under $3K hopefully. I realize I should have done my search while Fred Hall was going on, but at the time I didn't have a formal relationship cemented yet with these particular clients.

I look forward to hearing from any of you guys who have some recent experience or suggestions with this. (In advance I will say that I will never step foot on the Old No. 7 again.)

Last, thank you all for those that have helped me with your suggestions regarding my "hemostat" case.

JimyLee
04-29-2007, 08:46 PM
It's not out of SD, but I recommend the Ultra out of Newport Landing. Even booking at Fred Hall woulda been late. I booked 4 boats before then and STILL couldn't get a decent weekend to save my life. Who knows though. It may be late enough to book a weekend that someone canceled on.

Anyway, The Ultra is an 8-pack, but doesn't charge any more than 6-packs as far as what I've seen. And Brian is a GREAT fish finder.

Good luck and tight lines!

killerman
04-29-2007, 09:35 PM
One Word " LIMITLESS" Seaforth :D :D :D :D :D :D

sansou
04-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the info so far!

I left a msg with Seaforth and am waiting to hear back today on availability. The price is somewhat in the ballpark....

valhalla_1_2000
05-01-2007, 09:15 PM
You may be "eating" the bill as "client development," but you'll be writing the entire trip off on your income taxes as an "ordinary and necessary" business expense.

sansou
05-01-2007, 09:52 PM
You may be "eating" the bill as "client development," but you'll be writing the entire trip off on your income taxes as an "ordinary and necessary" business expense.

Shhhh!

Don't you have some tax babies to make or something?

Long time no hear! PM me whenever you make it down to SD again, I promise we won't get skunked again!! Ha ha!!

valhalla_1_2000
05-01-2007, 11:47 PM
I will definitely hit you up next time I'm heading down to your fair city. I'm hopeful it will be pretty soon. However, since you are an attorney, I'll need to get your "guarantee" in writing. Oh yeah, remember to save your receipt for whatever 6-pack you book in case you get audited.

Funjunkie74
05-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Rich, need any helping hands on deck?
Call me~ :twisted:

sansou
05-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Rich, need any helping hands on deck?
Call me~ :twisted:

Ha ha!!

So far, due to my late scheduling of this trip, there are no openings for the month of July for the boats that I called! It may well be that I may be sending the clients on a trip without me because I'm going to be gone the better part of August back to France. Wtf!!! :bang:

sansou
05-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks for those that helped me with this. All PMs returned.

Just booked the "Go For Broke" out of H&M. Nice looking 58 ft yacht, with a captain that says he promises he will go as far as we need to chase the fish. Got it for under $3K, fits 8 people.

Will report back when it happens!