PDA

View Full Version : Neat Baitcaster

Ifishtoolittle
05-08-2013, 01:24 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-1BB-6-3-1-Right-Baitcasting-Fishing-Reel-Bait-Casting-Reels-150M-PE-Line-/360647951973?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f84b0665

It looks like it has potential. What do you guys think?

DarkShadow
05-08-2013, 08:26 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-1BB-6-3-1-Right-Baitcasting-Fishing-Reel-Bait-Casting-Reels-150M-PE-Line-/360647951973?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f84b0665

It looks like it has potential. What do you guys think?

Design looks nice, I believe these are made by Daiwa for "Sportsline." Kinda like how Bass Pro and Cabelas reels are made by other 'big name manufacturers.'

But, from experience, when big name manufacturers make reels for other people, let's just say that because their name is not appearing anywhere on the reel, they don't really use the same quality parts they use for reels with their names on them.

At that price, I'd rather pick up other reels, IMO.

seal
05-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Design looks nice, I believe these are made by Daiwa for "Sportsline." Kinda like how Bass Pro and Cabelas reels are made by other 'big name manufacturers.'

But, from experience, when big name manufacturers make reels for other people, let's just say that because their name is not appearing anywhere on the reel, they don't really use the same quality parts they use for reels with their names on them.

The other challenge is parts availability, BPS gear is decent but if you have to have them serviced sometimes it's difficult to get the parts unless you send it to BPS.

So many other quality reels out there for similar pricing not sure why you'd want to go with this one?

Ifishtoolittle
05-08-2013, 07:16 PM

True. The reel just seemed like a good deal especially for a 300 size.

The other challenge is parts availability, BPS gear is decent but if you have to have them serviced sometimes it's difficult to get the parts unless you send it to BPS.

So many other quality reels out there for similar pricing not sure why you'd want to go with this one?

I wasn't really going to purchase it. I just wanted to share the link.

Carptain_Bao
05-08-2013, 07:49 PM
I am fairly new to baitcasters, I do have a reel that was a Chinese Brand. 8 ball bearings and for me it was pretty smooth, but I think I need to let someone who is familiar with baitcasters to test it out. The price was fairly low, like 30 bucks or so.

one long cast
05-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Hey guys go back in and click sellers other items, there are some nice prices on swivels, hooks, leaders, lip grippers,gloves and other items. I was looking at the gold and black 3000 spinner. looks good sounds sturdy, but then again its from hong kong. Not much infor on mfg'r.

DarkShadow
05-10-2013, 02:04 PM
"You get what you pay for."

That's one piece of advice that has actually rung true when it comes to the sport of fishing.