PDA

View Full Version : Twin Lakes Report May 3-4

The Rookie
05-06-2013, 09:49 AM
I traveled up to Bridgeport with a group of 14 friends for an annual camping/shooting/hot tubbing and fishing trip. Last year there were 5 of us and we limited in Lower Twin on 1-2lb rainbows. This year we managed only 3 fish total for 10 people fishing over 2 days. We fished Lower Twin in 4 boats on Friday and only managed 2 rainbows, I was lucky to land a nice fish on a panther martin, we tried everything else too with no luck. On Saturday we fished the shore of Upper Twin and only 1 fish was landed in about 4 hours with 10 people fishing. I heard from others that it was really slow at the Reservoir too.

I had a great time but, it always more fun when people are landing fish.

**I did see 2 10+ Browns and the 17lb Brown in the freezer at Twin Lakes General Store. Damn, that keeps the dream alive.**

I will nail 'em next year.

The rookie

HawgZWylde
05-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the report. We are heading up there for 17 days beginning in mid June. What are the lake levels looking like now? Did you fish Robinson creek?

TheReelBubba
05-07-2013, 01:59 AM
robby was a zoo and the fishing there when planted is like shooting fish in a barrel. hopefully mid may- early june there wont be people pulling stringers full of fish out of there. its funner to walk off down the stream for some hiding lunkers and pools where ya cant see packs of fish swimming under the bridge or the first 2 pools or fallen logs. it was beautiful when i drove thru though. im heading back up may 25-june 9th. ill be outta there until the kids go back to school in sept. hope you have a rad trip hawg!

HawgZWylde
05-07-2013, 05:19 PM
robby was a zoo and the fishing there when planted is like shooting fish in a barrel. hopefully mid may- early june there wont be people pulling stringers full of fish out of there. its funner to walk off down the stream for some hiding lunkers and pools where ya cant see packs of fish swimming under the bridge or the first 2 pools or fallen logs. it was beautiful when i drove thru though. im heading back up may 25-june 9th. ill be outta there until the kids go back to school in sept. hope you have a rad trip hawg!

If I stay and fish that area, I usually head over to Buckeye and hike up or down from there. I was wondering what the water flows were like. I heard the Walker Basin is at around 70% snow-pack and should be good through summer. Unlike many other spots in the Sierra's where the pack is below 50% or less. Thanks, I can't wait man, I look forward to this trip every year for nearly 50 years now...

TheReelBubba
05-09-2013, 06:52 AM
levels are up and rising on Wwalker, pickle meadows and other areas but not quite fishable yet. the runnoff still making it murky but a few more weeks and it will be nice. i didnt fish it just stopped b to take a look. talked to a buddy and chris flatts same thing. should be good all summer and hope to get a couple more bits of snow up high! EWALK is nice. producing some good size fish in some of the pools but ya got to put some time in. check kens to see what there hitting on when ya get up there. the midge hatch on the res was out of control that first monday. not 1 of our bug sprays would keep em away. only thing that worked was smokin a cigarette lol.