PDA

View Full Version : Rough Weekend With The Wind

TheNotoriousSkunk
05-06-2013, 06:07 AM
I thought I was going to get some good fishing in this weekend but after looking at the weather reports I knew it wasn't going to be fun. I started my weekend out on Friday and it was actually comfortable all day. We got to our spot and 15-20 casts in BAM! Fish on!
It took a couple seconds to get it in and when I finally brought it to shore it was the right Flattie :Thumbs Up: Beat the skunk! About 20 more casts I feel a lot of weight and I thought I caught some salad for dinner :LOL: To my surprise it was a small stingray that i snagged over it's back. Sorry Dude! :Rolls Eyes:
After those two first catches it seemed to be dead for the rest of the day. We couldn't get hit on anything! We finally decided to pack it up.
The next morning we got up earlier and headed to a different spot and as soon as we showed up to the area we could see the trees really moving :Evil: The weather had changed drastically overnight. The wind was so bad our LC's were flying all over the place :LOL: We finally decided to head out after a couple hours. And so did a lot of other fishermen it seemed like.
On Sunday we already knew we would be dealing with the wind again, but decided to go anyways because it's better than sitting at home WONDERING what would've happened. To my surprise it was a lot more calm than I thought it would be and we were able to fish all day. It was a very slow day Sunday. A couple shovelnose were caught and a stingray. Wrong flatties :mad: Oh well! It was still a fun weekend and we got a lot of fishing in. I'm ready to get back out there :Guns:

PICS:

Friday's Catch
http://imageshack.us/a/img201/7093/hali.jpg

bachiboy
05-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Nice pancake you've got there! Way to brave the elements this windy weekend. Things were a little tough for most peeps out there, but at least you got out.:Wink:

Thanks for sharing!
Don

SP Dan
05-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Hi ya TheNotoriousSkunk,

I really appreciate your "tough Conditions" fish report Sir! :Thumbs Up:
It's good to hear that others were out there fairing the poor conditions along with me!

Well ... you beached a couple of nice fish and was able to gather a decent report out of your sessions! WTG!!

Thanx for the fish report! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

skunked4life
05-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Even though the conditions were rough, you went out there with determination and were rewarded. Thanks for the report!

PTN
05-06-2013, 08:42 PM
At least you got into some fish with the strong winds. Get out there and slay some more. :Smile: Thanks for the report.

-Peter

Wingnut
05-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Three things I dislike while surf fishing...
Salad :mad:
Swells :Shocked:
Wind :Angry:

You gave it a good effort and that is to be applauded. :Cool: