PDA

View Full Version : northern anchovy picture at Monterey Aquarium

A W Root Beer
05-05-2013, 12:40 AM

Northern Anchovy at Monterey Aquarium showing injured gill for interested artists.

Root Beer

SP Dan
05-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Hi ya A W Root Beer,

Thanx for the pic of anchovies while feeding or with open injured gills ... either way ... good for copying while painting red gills on our LC's. :Cool: Good stuff Sir!

SP Dan <"))><

Which Way Out
05-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi ya A W Root Beer,

Thanx for the pic of anchovies with injured gills ... good for coping while painting injured red gills on our LC's. :Cool: Good stuff Sir!

SP Dan <"))><

I was thinking it was a Pinhead as well. The gills open like that when they are feeding, hence the open mouths. Never the less an interesting observation.

WWO

A W Root Beer
05-06-2013, 09:05 PM
I painted some L.C.s up, a little sloppy at first.

I upgraded to a nail polish used to draw flowers and designs on top of a painted nail which has a very narrow brush. Finger Paints brand at Sally's Beauty Supply next to Wal-Mart.

I was looking at the Aurora Black l.c. and it looks just like a Metallic Sardine without spots. And its not so black. I wanted a dark lure to fish in the mornings. Probably pass on that model from now on.

Got enough stuff to go surf fishing now. Bought a fishing vest, waders, fishing shoes, 5 lucky craft and one deeper running model, and a water bottle. I also bought a vintage fiberglass pole as I want throw braid.

Don't have everything i want, but it is enough to start.

PTN
05-06-2013, 09:31 PM
I painted some L.C.s up, a little sloppy at first.

I upgraded to a nail polish used to draw flowers and designs on top of a painted nail which has a very narrow brush. Finger Paints brand at Sally's Beauty Supply next to Wal-Mart.

I was looking at the Aurora Black l.c. and it looks just like a Metallic Sardine without spots. And its not so black. I wanted a dark lure to fish in the mornings. Probably pass on that model from now on.

Got enough stuff to go surf fishing now. Bought a fishing vest, waders, fishing shoes, 5 lucky craft and one deeper running model, and a water bottle. I also bought a vintage fiberglass pole as I want throw braid.

Don't have everything i want, but it is enough to start.

Now all it takes is some luck and some time on the sand! Good luck out there!

Which Way Out
05-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Please be careful using waders.
One misstep into a deep trench and the waders could fill up with water. Not a good thing, Big Time..:Shocked:
Always use the waist belt and if you can a water resistant jacket to shed water over the the top edge of the waders. One big wave and they will fill up if not protected. Use a buddy system as often as you can as well.
Have fun, but always be cautious in waders.

WWO

titos334
05-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Please be careful using waders.
One misstep into a deep trench and the waders could fill up with water. Not a good thing, Big Time..:Shocked:
Always use the waist belt and if you can a water resistant jacket to shed water over the the top edge of the waders. One big wave and they will fill up if not protected. Use a buddy system as often as you can as well.
Have fun, but always be cautious in waders.

WWO

I've had a few falls in mountain rivers while wading, it can be truly scary, without the belt It could have gotten extremely hairy and I was always in 4t of water or less. I never wear waders for surf fishing. I find the waders to be unnecessary for surf fishing so do without, even in February I could wade out waist deep and be just fine. But if you are going to use waders, follow Which Way Out's suggestions, they are life savers.

Which Way Out
05-07-2013, 06:44 AM
I've had a few falls in mountain rivers while wading, it can be truly scary, without the belt It could have gotten extremely hairy and I was always in 4t of water or less. I never wear waders for surf fishing. I find the waders to be unnecessary for surf fishing so do without, even in February I could wade out waist deep and be just fine. But if you are going to use waders, follow Which Way Out's suggestions, they are life savers.

Thanks titos.
I just wish the water up here were a little warmer so I would feel comfortable doing so. My first year I went without the waders and found out just how cold the Pacific can be, except during the dead of summer. Also the waders allow me to go places after fishing in dry cloths. As in the fish store so I can have some fish for dinner, LOL

Take care.
WWO