PDA

View Full Version : 3 generations of Striper killers at Pyramid. Guesz what happens?

cutbait
05-04-2013, 07:23 PM
After 2012 was spent rebuilding my 68 StarCraft with my dad and boys. It was time for us all to get out and abuse it!

Weather looked great, bait was iffy, we knew lake lice was gonna be an issue with Cinco due mayo weekend...

Well arrived to a long line and didn't get in water till after 7..
Met DMS and LULu in line.. nice people..

Pulled up to the gate and was nice to see and talk to Tammy and Mark again. Gave Tammy a starbucks and promised any kitties hit the deck were hers.. great people.

Trolled the marina for nothin.. baited down and was quick to get hit. Getting the fish to take it was another matter.

I had Walmart dines, year old Marina del rey dines, bobs bait bucket in Bakersfield dines, and finally some Tammy had tucked way back in the freezer. Not real great shape. But was best of the four.

Picked off 6 in 4 hours.. met bassfan. Nice guy..

Moved over and pointed a bed fish out to the boys.. just as they were tieing on a white tube for their first bed fish the wind started and gave the GREEN CARP cover.. Was like a message from the Green Carp gods?

Pointed out Bob's Bald Eagle friend in yellow bar and was the first time my dad, and the boys ever saw one. Was kinda cool.

We pulled out cause of anchoring/wind issues and bite died like 2 hrs ago.

Saw Khan, sure do miss that guy around here.. They hadn't had a bite, DMS??? , Bassfan was in dinksville and was strugglin to hook one..

Times look bleak, headed across the lake in the wind and spray, dad loses hat and boys thought was funny, Dad didnt'!

Hit dam area, saw Jim and his buddies from Bakersfield.. They had a couple, nothing special.

Trolled around Island Serano and The super tuper top secret bako boy point for nutin.

Back to the bait spot to see if the afternoon bite would pick up. It didn't.. decided to troll channel for a afternoon bite. NUTHING

Pops points out a special spot and asks if I have fished it. Hmm? no we always drive by.. Lets go!

Ended up with the 4 biggest and makes me wonder if? for a morning bite.. next time.

We landed 8 and lost 2. Somewhere we lost a fish. Dunno what happened?

I had a flippin blast and I didn't even get a bite, was bait biotch and hook tie'er all day.. I gotta get them on a mega slay soon.

Lake lice sucked... bait sucked.... wind absolutely sucked.... bite seemed slow on top of those issues. Wish we would of had the 25-30 landed like MikesOcean did yest. but it just didn't pan out

Will say this, watching my two boys staring at the bikini's getting their jet ski's on the trailer made my day.. Jaws dropped, eyes transfixed..

Heres my Baby 6 year old trying his best

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/IMG_20130504_161124_490_zps9cb4caee.jpg (http://s171.photobucket.com/user/kluna2/media/IMG_20130504_161124_490_zps9cb4caee.jpg.html)

Heres the 7, though I know it was 8.. hope my boat doesn't start stinkin

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/IMG_20130504_181646_493_zps467b9df7.jpg (http://s171.photobucket.com/user/kluna2/media/IMG_20130504_181646_493_zps467b9df7.jpg.html)

heres the 3 gens.. Love the 6 year olds enthusiam here

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/IMG_20130504_181548_321_zpsf6a74b6d.jpg (http://s171.photobucket.com/user/kluna2/media/IMG_20130504_181548_321_zpsf6a74b6d.jpg.html)

Thanks for reading. Had a blast with my pops and kids, enjoying the spoils of our hard work together. Was also a blast meeting you new guys and great to see the old faces

Which Way Out
05-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Great to jump over and see what everyone else has been doing. Fun to watch the video Cory and Bob put together, "I am Cutbait"

Take care Buddy and have fun

WWO

dk4885
05-04-2013, 08:14 PM
I love it. No better way to spend the day than right there. Next time there will b 50 dead stripers.

catchingsomefish
05-04-2013, 08:18 PM
A day on the water with your family is priceless, the stripers are just a bonus!!! Thank you for sharing your adventure with all of us..............Good times.....................................Dave

trail blazer
05-04-2013, 08:27 PM
CUTBAIT,,,,,,,NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!BAKO BOYs got STYLE

MikesOcean
05-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Mike that is a great pic with your family! You need to enlarge it and send it as a gift to your pops for Father's Day.

Looks like little jack wants to hold all this fish.

I'd say you did great considering you didn't have fresh bait and you spent quality time with your family. You will be better prepared next time with your family and have an even better pic.

Great job!!!

cutbait
05-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Thanks guys..

Note to chummers... everyone of those fat fish were loaded with chum.

Dines, chovies and liver.

Quit feeding the fish bait with no hooks!..

I means LOADED with chum

trail blazer
05-04-2013, 08:35 PM
mike,,,,,,,,,,,,,we need to get jack and Jacob out there togather

Fishbones
05-04-2013, 08:58 PM
great, great thread.... made me smile seeing you all together fishing it up.. group photo is the best.

TroutOnly
05-04-2013, 09:11 PM
way to spend the day cutbait,,,,,,,,,,yep less chum = more hook ups,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,isabella here i come,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hardcor
05-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Nice day Mike, I love the picture.You are a Great Dad and great son !

Hardcor
05-04-2013, 09:38 PM
way to spend the day cutbait,,,,,,,,,,yep less chum = more hook ups,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,isabella here i come,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Let Me know what's happenen Old Man ! Crappie Killer !

Double A
05-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Could have been a skunk trip,
And still would have been a great trip.
That right there is what it's all about.
Catching is just a bonus.

Pop's spot produced... Always listen to Dad.
If the hat Dad lost was a Dodger hat like yours,
No big loss ; )

So cool that the 3 generations pitched in to get that boat into the shape it's in,
And to be able to enjoy it together.

Great post about your great day !!!

snospdr
05-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Seeing that photo just made my day! Thanks!

DMS
05-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Nice meeting you guys too. We ended up with 8 nice stripers, 2 kitties and 8 throwback dinks. Off the water by 1:45. The wind did suck yes. Report tomorrow.

cutbait
05-05-2013, 07:13 AM
Could have been a skunk trip,
And still would have been a great trip.
That right there is what it's all about.
Catching is just a bonus.

Pop's spot produced... Always listen to Dad.
If the hat Dad lost was a Dodger hat like yours,
No big loss ; )

So cool that the 3 generations pitched in to get that boat into the shape it's in,
And to be able to enjoy it together.

Great post about your great day !!!

Hey...

3 generations of Dodger fans/striper killers.. good point.

Yes it was a Dodgers hat.

I have plans for "pops" spot.

I'm going to try it out a couple times before striperfest and see whats crackin in the mornings there. All fish were bigger and its in the bigger fish zone too. Obviously some fish it with the amount of chum they had

cutbait
05-05-2013, 07:14 AM
mike,,,,,,,,,,,,,we need to get jack and Jacob out there togather

We do, I think they are ready now.

cutbait
05-05-2013, 07:19 AM

Hope you go on a weekday BOB,

Every swingin dork in bako is at the lake this weekend.

Its like amateur hour for panfish

cutbait
05-05-2013, 07:20 AM
Nice day Mike, I love the picture.You are a Great Dad and great son !

Thanks Corey.

HawgZWylde
05-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Great post CB. This is what it's all about. These are the days I miss the most of anything I've done in my life. My father instilled the angling bug in me at 2 years old. Every year we made those trips up to the Sierras, and weekenders to the local lakes. I remember it was my dad, my brother, and myself. Then it progressed to include my brother's, and my sons joining in. Sadly my brother passed 5 years ago and my father is now 91 and in a hospice care home in Minnesota. I have 1 kid out of 5 left at home and we still go to the same cabin in the Sierras every year together but it's tough not having my dad and bro there. Those days are priceless memories that will be with me until I'm gone. Kudos to you guys and keep it up because once they're gone, it all becomes memories and you will long greatly for those days...

alpine8fisherman
05-05-2013, 09:40 AM
definitely a Kodak moment and an event the family will laugh about over many dinners to come! Great report!

The Fishing Queen
05-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Nice report, good read! A wonderful day to be out with the family.