PDA

View Full Version : DVL fishing report 5-3

Hardcor
05-04-2013, 12:57 AM
My brother and I fish Diamond Valley Lake Friday for Largemouth Bass on light line.

We caught our fish in 10 to 30 feet of water using 4 pound fluorocarbon line and a 1/0 wire worm hook rigged with a split shot !

http://youtu.be/jskoHoDy74A

panfishman
05-04-2013, 04:36 AM
i see your back at the jewel cory what you get those green boys on brotha are the shad running yet ?

cutbait
05-04-2013, 06:21 AM
Instigator

TroutOnly
05-04-2013, 07:31 AM
HARDCOR DID DICKIE PAY UP ON THE JACK POT BASS YOU CAUGHT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I THOUGHT HE TOOK LESSONS SO HE COULD WHOOP YOU ON THE LMB FISHIN ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THAT WAS A PIG BASS ,AND IF IT WOULD HAVE BEEN PRESPAWN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ALOT BIGGER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

Hardcor
05-04-2013, 11:04 AM
i see your back at the jewel cory what you get those green boys on brotha are the shad running yet ?

I love the Jewel panfishman, I missed her, but I'm back !

I can not find any Shad at all ! The Shad balls that I'm seeing are very small and scattered a round. The Stripers are really depth eating sculpin so I had to go for the green kind !

What was I using for bait ? I'm old school, threaded nightcrawler Baby !

Hardcor
05-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Instigator

That's called old school, 4 pound line and live bait !

I was challenged by my brother, My old school ways to his new fandangle worm diddling new school green carp snagging ways !

I don't make the challenges, but I always except them ! Win or lose !

I just haven't lost yet ! Do Brag just fact !

elbowlayer
05-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Great video once again hardcor, i gotta find my way back to dvl soon.

Hardcor
05-04-2013, 11:32 AM
HARDCOR DID DICKIE PAY UP ON THE JACK POT BASS YOU CAUGHT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I THOUGHT HE TOOK LESSONS SO HE COULD WHOOP YOU ON THE LMB FISHIN ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THAT WAS A PIG BASS ,AND IF IT WOULD HAVE BEEN PRESPAWN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ALOT BIGGER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

You are right Bob ! He takes lessons from the Number one angler of the year and all of a sudden he think's he's Pete Marino himself !

He go's out and practices with Kevin Gross, the old Dodger pitcher that is another one of Pete Marino's students !

I see him setting everything against me, But I don't care. I don't care because I now something my brother does not ! Something Pete can not teach in one lesson !

Conditions change, The rapidly dropping water had the fish skiddish, There weren't many stick up left, You had to figure them out ! Change up !

Like You taught me Bob, Read the conditions !

Old School ! GrandDad Style ! It put 20 Dollars in my pocket !

PONTOON
05-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Hardcor,

Once again another fun video to watch! and I've got mad respect for your light tackle skills.

I had planned to be out at DVL today with trollmiester to see if we could find some kitties but another emergency call took me back to downtown L.A. So, I'm fishing through the internet and of course, Trollys Isabella on the water reports. I'll just have to go sit in the boat stuck in the driveway. :Confused:

Once again, great video and looking forward to more from the Reel Bros.

Hardcor
05-04-2013, 11:39 AM

Thank You elbowlayer !

Pete Marino
05-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Hahahaha You did freaking great out there Corey!! I have to say your posts and videos are always a crack up to me .. We are actually ALOT alike because we are both really competitive...hahhaha I love it!!! In Dicks defense though...He is on STRICT lockdown not to show the custom baits we were throwing and not to show baits that even look like them... Hes a gamer and respects the fact that i showed him my couple custom baits in secrecy...That crawdad imatating bait you were throwing (I enlarged the picture Dick sent me hahaha) looks nothing like the baits Dick and I used when we tore them up a couple weeks ago. It was at least 6 inches too short..hahaha The baits we threw the day he came with me are custom made by a guy who pours baits for me in North Carolina..He used to pour them for me here before he moved away 2 months ago.. So nobody knows the color or exact size, nor how I present them. I will say this though..They are between 7-10 inches long and crush them this time of year.. But the length and color are only part of the puzzle, its also the presentation under different conditions. And adjusting to different conditions daily i..e...dropping water, algea blooms, wind, high blue bird skys etc etc.. is something that Dick will have to learn over time..it cant be taught in a couple trips. That fact with the fact that Dick wasnt and wont use the same baits or even baits that you can buy at Bass Pro Shops that resemble my baits put him behind the 8ball when you fish together. It would be more fair if you guys fish in seprerate boats for the day and have a little tourney so Dick can spread his wings a little and use what I taught him...hahaha.
Like I said GOOD JOB on that toad!!!! And keep up the good work!!!!!!

Pete

surfhard
05-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Always sweet vids , great fish!

HawgZWylde
05-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Great job light lining that pig Corey. I like your vids, good fishing and great humor, keep it up. I don't know how we missed you out there, I was actually looking for you. We are in a Stratos 176 xt that has grey and yellow graphics. Give us a shout out if you spot us, I'd like to meet you. Any friend of Bob's is a friend of mine...

Hardcor
05-05-2013, 09:37 AM

On Friday there were about ten boats, I could see a lot of fish on cover and points. It looks really good out there but the water is dropping fast.

The guy that put the tag on my boat said they are taking it down to the 100 foot level !

Thank You elbowlayer !

Hardcor
05-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Hardcor,

Once again another fun video to watch! and I've got mad respect for your light tackle skills.

I had planned to be out at DVL today with trollmiester to see if we could find some kitties but another emergency call took me back to downtown L.A. So, I'm fishing through the internet and of course, Trollys Isabella on the water reports. I'll just have to go sit in the boat stuck in the driveway. :Confused:

Once again, great video and looking forward to more from the Reel Bros.

Thank You PONTOON, I'm seeing some nice Cats out there at DVL, Don't go to long with out fishing ! It gives me the jitters ! Corey

PS I'm heading to Isabella for a day of Crappie fishing with the Man, The Legend ,,,,T/O,,,

Hardcor
05-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Hahahaha You did freaking great out there Corey!! I have to say your posts and videos are always a crack up to me .. We are actually ALOT alike because we are both really competitive...hahhaha I love it!!! In Dicks defense though...He is on STRICT lockdown not to show the custom baits we were throwing and not to show baits that even look like them... Hes a gamer and respects the fact that i showed him my couple custom baits in secrecy...That crawdad imatating bait you were throwing (I enlarged the picture Dick sent me hahaha) looks nothing like the baits Dick and I used when we tore them up a couple weeks ago. It was at least 6 inches too short..hahaha The baits we threw the day he came with me are custom made by a guy who pours baits for me in North Carolina..He used to pour them for me here before he moved away 2 months ago.. So nobody knows the color or exact size, nor how I present them. I will say this though..They are between 7-10 inches long and crush them this time of year.. But the length and color are only part of the puzzle, its also the presentation under different conditions. And adjusting to different conditions daily i..e...dropping water, algea blooms, wind, high blue bird skys etc etc.. is something that Dick will have to learn over time..it cant be taught in a couple trips. That fact with the fact that Dick wasnt and wont use the same baits or even baits that you can buy at Bass Pro Shops that resemble my baits put him behind the 8ball when you fish together. It would be more fair if you guys fish in seprerate boats for the day and have a little tourney so Dick can spread his wings a little and use what I taught him...hahaha.
Like I said GOOD JOB on that toad!!!! And keep up the good work!!!!!!

Pete

Thank You Pete My brother would not show me any bait, any hook, any weight, Nothing ! But that's a good thing for me ! He needs the extra help !

I've been learning this sport all my life and learning is as fun sometimes as fishing it's self ! You got him excited about a technique ! That's all good for my TEAM !

Every time we fish separate boats he cheats ! Just to beat me !

Thanks for all your reports, All though I've been a member for many years, I just started to participate !

When my brother told me what a great time and the quality and numbers of fish he caught and released with you !

I told him Pete probably could not count the numbers of personal best fish he got for clients !

I told him Pete probably could not count the numbers of best fishing day ever he got for his clients !

Corey !

Hardcor
05-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Always sweet vids , great fish!

Thank You surfhard !

Hardcor
05-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Great job light lining that pig Corey. I like your vids, good fishing and great humor, keep it up. I don't know how we missed you out there, I was actually looking for you. We are in a Stratos 176 xt that has grey and yellow graphics. Give us a shout out if you spot us, I'd like to meet you. Any friend of Bob's is a friend of mine...

Thank You HawgZWylde, I have been reading your reports for years and I would like to thank you for that ! We got there late Friday and nobody was fishing East so we started there ! By the time I worked west there was nobody there ! Please if you see me, introduce yourself ! I Promise I will do the same ! Thank You again Pat ! Corey

PS Any friend of Bob's is a friend of mine !

HawgZWylde
05-05-2013, 10:23 AM
On Friday there were about ten boats, I could see a lot of fish on cover and points. It looks really good out there but the water is dropping fast.

The guy that put the tag on my boat said they are taking it down to the 100 foot level !

Thank You elbowlayer !

He said the same to us. They are generating power but the water is not being replaced. That ramp is a hell of a walk at the end of the day when the Jewel is down. On the bright side, I'm finding so many lures it's ridiculous...

HawgZWylde
05-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Thank You HawgZWylde, I have been reading your reports for years and I would like to thank you for that ! We got there late Friday and nobody was fishing East so we started there ! By the time I worked west there was nobody there ! Please if you see me, introduce yourself ! I Promise I will do the same ! Thank You again Pat ! Corey

PS Any friend of Bob's is a friend of mine !

You're welcome and thanks Corey. Indeed, we started west and worked our way back. Now that I have a decent camera, I'm going to post more often. My last phone's camera sucked. See ya on the water or in line...

surfhard
05-05-2013, 01:10 PM
As the water drops, if anyone finds a shimano cI4 red reel and shamano rod I would appreciate it if they turned it into me, its an expensive setup and was lost to the jewel last monday... anyhow it is on the south east part of the lake lol.. im assuming it was in 10-20 ft deep last week, so I wonder how much the lake has dropped in a week. I was going to go look tomorrow but this storm is ruining the plans.. i might go anyways :)

PONTOON
05-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Thank You PONTOON, I'm seeing some nice Cats out there at DVL, Don't go to long with out fishing ! It gives me the jitters ! Corey

PS I'm heading to Isabella for a day of Crappie fishing with the Man, The Legend ,,,,T/O,,,

Corey, I know what you mean. Two trips now I had the boat ready to pull out of the driveway and I get called back in to Downtown. I had to uncover the boat and sit in it for a while to figure out how I'm going to rig the downriggers...........then I get a Isabella report from Trollmiester..........You and Bob are going to like what you hear!

Good luck up there guys!

cutbait
05-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Watch the weather up a Izzy boys.

Izzy ain't like Castaic and Pyramid, it will sink you

South shore is producing the best.

Trees in north fork also.

Be very careful of anything "gulch"...

Izzy is a boat mechanics best friend

cutbait
05-05-2013, 03:23 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/images_zps0d1505f8.jpg

Hardcor
05-05-2013, 03:33 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/images_zps0d1505f8.jpg

http://youtu.be/cxk3TEiiuQw

Hardcor
05-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Watch the weather up a Izzy boys.

Izzy ain't like Castaic and Pyramid, it will sink you

South shore is producing the best.

Trees in north fork also.

Be very careful of anything "gulch"...

Izzy is a boat mechanics best friend

http://youtu.be/-3FIn0YKdog

TroutOnly
05-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Carpboy i was fishin isabella while you were in high school sitting in detetion for being a dumbass,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

Hardcor
05-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Carpboy i was fishin isabella while you were in high school sitting in detention for being a dumbass,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

Sitting in detention for being a DUMBASS ! I can't stop laughing ! I didn't know he went to school ?

http://youtu.be/qqRm6NRa7v4

Hardcor
05-09-2013, 08:48 AM
http://youtu.be/2ZvrcixK6Fs