PDA

View Full Version : June Lake Question

SeaLance
05-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Good afternoon everyone, just wondering if anyone could give me some input regarding June Lake...I'm going with my sister's family during the last week of June and plan to do some shore fishing. We're camping at "Oh Ridge" campground. I heard nearby "Swim Beach" is a decent spot to try. But my question is whether it gets crowded with swimmers and therefore not a lot of spots to fish from? Just wondering if anyone has some experience fishing this area. Thanks in advance for any responses!...Lance.

emtbsandiego
05-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Swim Beach has quite a long strip that you can fish. If it does get full though, or if you're luck isn't on in that spot, continue on to the left. This runs down along the road. Tons of spots all along the left side of that lake. If you're going from the campground at swim beach then there is a semi-nice trail you can follow around. I prefer the side because you can hit a drop off out from the shore.

ocampo82
05-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Swim Beach has quite a long strip that you can fish. If it does get full though, or if you're luck isn't on in that spot, continue on to the left. This runs down along the road. Tons of spots all along the left side of that lake. If you're going from the campground at swim beach then there is a semi-nice trail you can follow around. I prefer the side because you can hit a drop off out from the shore.

Yup agree with this...the shore line beneath the road there's definitely some dropoffs there

SierraPeaks
05-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Good afternoon everyone, just wondering if anyone could give me some input regarding June Lake...I'm going with my sister's family during the last week of June and plan to do some shore fishing. We're camping at "Oh Ridge" campground. I heard nearby "Swim Beach" is a decent spot to try. But my question is whether it gets crowded with swimmers and therefore not a lot of spots to fish from? Just wondering if anyone has some experience fishing this area. Thanks in advance for any responses!...Lance.

"The Beach" can be tough to shore fish...especially in summer. There will be tons of people fishing from shore...and a lot of boats anchored on the shelf. Definitely along the highway is your best bet. Don't forget you have 3 other lakes to fish within 1/4 mile to 6 miles away.

emtbsandiego
05-05-2013, 02:38 PM
"The Beach" can be tough to shore fish...especially in summer. There will be tons of people fishing from shore...and a lot of boats anchored on the shelf. Definitely along the highway is your best bet. Don't forget you have 3 other lakes to fish within 1/4 mile to 6 miles away.

Totally agree. If you have little ones going Gull Lake is the best thing you can ever hope for. Not a whole lot of shore fishing opportunities but if you can get one along the marina side there is a playground for the kids and bbq's to cook up lunch. I grew up with my parents fishing the lake while my friends and I reeked havoc on the playground.

jimbo1
05-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Fish the other side of the lake...