PDA

View Full Version : Lost Lake in Cajon Pass: Fishing Report and Video

carpanglerdude
05-01-2013, 10:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MaEO9w2l.jpg (http://huntingtheriverking.blogspot.com/)

Recently, I fished Lost Lake in the Cajon Pass, near Highway 215 in California. This little sag lake, in a fault line, is very, very deep. It is spring fed and has crystal clear water.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZwA-7iqEY

The fish were very wary and shoreline access was limited. However, between my friend and I, we managed to land 3 largemouth and one bluegill. It's a very odd lake that feels out of place amidst the dry scrub brush and nettles.

We also ran into some interesting characters, near the Cajon Creek. However, the lake itself was virtually empty, just a family picnicking and swimming.

Watch out for the copious amounts of poison oak and stinging nettles out here if you go!

http://i.imgur.com/ZKqRbiml.jpg (http://huntingtheriverking.blogspot.com/)

Ifishtoolittle
05-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Meh. Small fish. I'm not satisfied with what I'm seeing.

Spear Hunter
05-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Ive been there many times never fished the place always wanted to dive it some one once told me it was very shallow under thirty feet deep I guess I'm going to have to load my gear up and check it out.

Ducttapeking
05-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Lake is not super deep I've swam in there and was able to dive to the bottom and touch I have caught small bass there but don't like to fish it because I don't like to let people know whats in there everytime I've pulled anything out people talk crap about throwing it back in and want the fish was out there one time and seen guys in scuba gear spearing bass talked to them and they said besides the bass lots of turtles wish people would at least give the fish a chance to grow before milking it dry

fishermanx14
05-02-2013, 04:36 PM
went up there once when i was 12 with my uncle....caught 2 decent (proably 5-10lb) catfish and then fish and game showed up and thought we were smuggling drugs or something and pointed guns in our faces. Gave my uncle a nice fat ticket for not having an adventure pass.....i hear that place is like 300ft deep....kinda weird how you can see the freeway perfectly fine but from the freeway it is very hard to find the lake.

castle
05-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Very weird place. If you go don't go alone. MHO.

Ifishtoolittle
05-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Very weird place. If you go don't go alone. MHO.

Don't you mean, "if you go alone". That place is the strangest thing I've read of in years.

Nipple Twister
05-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Yup, funny place but ifin ya jonesing for something.......

Gave my uncle a nice fat ticket for not having an adventure pass.....

Adventure Pass violation is only $5, the cost of the pass....

seal
05-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Yup, funny place but ifin ya jonesing for something.......

Adventure Pass violation is only $5, the cost of the pass....

I believe there was more to the Adventure pass story if it's the same story that was documented before on this website, something about "mother nature" being involved.

carpanglerdude
05-03-2013, 08:08 PM
I believe there was more to the Adventure pass story if it's the same story that was documented before on this website, something about "mother nature" being involved.

Hmmm could interpret that a few ways, but I think it was a little puff the magic dragon that got them in trouble too...

fishermanx14
05-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Hmmm could interpret that a few ways, but I think it was a little puff the magic dragon that got them in trouble too...
ya, he had some stuff on him I don't this it was an issue because he has his card if you know what i mean. I'm not sure what he was actually ticket for. When he went to court he ended up finding an old adventure pass that had no date on it so he got out of it....didn't want to go into that whole story again because veijo would magically show up and try to prove to everyone that he knows everything.

carpanglerdude
05-04-2013, 10:14 PM
ya, he had some stuff on him I don't this it was an issue because he has his card if you know what i mean. I'm not sure what he was actually ticket for. When he went to court he ended up finding an old adventure pass that had no date on it so he got out of it....didn't want to go into that whole story again because veijo would magically show up and try to prove to everyone that he knows everything.

Viejo is the ever-watchful man on the mountain :Razz:

fishermanx14
05-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Viejo is the ever-watchful man on the mountain :Razz:

hahahahaha

Skyler
05-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Did you see any carp swimming around yet? I bowfish there occasionally. BTW, if you fish alone there, pack some heat. There are some really weird people that like to meet up in the area for nefarious purposes.

sumodnb
05-06-2013, 11:51 PM

Edibles while fishing, blunts when talking about fishing, vape when makin up new stories= :)

carpanglerdude
05-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Sad news story from the Lost Lake area, just down the street:

CAJON PASS: Fontana man’s body found at railroad crossing
Deputies found the body of a 31-year-old Fontana man while investigating a report of a pedestrian being hit by a train in Cajon Pass.

Ricardo Rosales was dead at the scene shortly before noon Sunday, May 5, at Swarthout Canyon Road and the railroad tracks in lower Cajon Pass.

Sheriff’s and railroad officials are investigating the circumstances of the incident.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/san-bernardino-county/san-bernardino-county-headlines-index/20130506-cajon-pass-fontana-mans-body-found-at-railroad-crossing.ece

Calicanuck
05-07-2013, 11:26 PM
Sweet Blog... I need some tips from you it looks like on how to make my blog more awesome! Cause its not very awesome at the moment.

seal
05-08-2013, 07:38 AM
Sad news story from the Lost Lake area, just down the street:

http://www.pe.com/local-news/san-bernardino-county/san-bernardino-county-headlines-index/20130506-cajon-pass-fontana-mans-body-found-at-railroad-crossing.ece

Dead bodies in that area are the norm not an exception, the same can also be said about single males sitting on the side of the road looking for friends.

Skyler
05-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Dead bodies in that area are the norm not an exception, the same can also be said about single males sitting on the side of the road looking for friends.

I think they want to be more than just friends...

DEVOREFLYER
05-08-2013, 10:00 AM
I corrected it for ya Seal.
I don't want anyone to be confused about your answer.

"Dead bodies in that area are the norm not an exception, the same can also be said about single males sitting on the side of the road looking for MALE friends".

Kingfish Addict
05-08-2013, 11:12 AM

Squeal like a piggy!!!

Tubbytuba
05-08-2013, 11:41 AM
my geology class ran a few hikes through the area. cool place and every time i went on that trip we saw some... rather interesting characters. as in transvestite prostitutes haha. it happens, cool lake, cool hiking in the area, pretty day, and weird people. thats a good day in my opinion

Good Hunting

RTG
05-08-2013, 11:57 AM
went up there once when i was 12 with my uncle....caught 2 decent (proably 5-10lb) catfish and then fish and game showed up and thought we were smuggling drugs or something and pointed guns in our faces. Gave my uncle a nice fat ticket for not having an adventure pass.....i hear that place is like 300ft deep....kinda weird how you can see the freeway perfectly fine but from the freeway it is very hard to find the lake.

BS. Fish and Game (Wildlife) does not enforce the Adventure Pass. That would be the US Forest Service. No game wardens would point guns in your faces for no reason. As usual, there's more to this story.

RTG
05-08-2013, 12:02 PM

Your story is full of holes, son. Like I said, DFW doesn't enforce the Adventure Pass. You said he got a big fat fine. The fine is $5. The violation is just a "notice of non-compliance". It is enforced by the USFS. Like I said before, there's more to it than what you are reporting. Even you have changed the "story". All we know from your story is that you are exaggerating...to put it nicely.

GhettoBasster
05-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Did you see any carp swimming around yet? I bowfish there occasionally. BTW, if you fish alone there, pack some heat. There are some really weird people that like to meet up in the area for nefarious purposes.

I was with Carpangler and I saw the silhouette of a large fish at the north-west end of the lake. It didn't move like a bass so it probably was a decent-sized carp. Very interesting lake with clear water and interesting human wildlife.

Ifishtoolittle
05-08-2013, 07:27 PM
interesting human wildlife.

lol. Daisy duke shorts right? haha

GhettoBasster
05-08-2013, 07:54 PM
lol. Daisy duke shorts right? haha

LOL!! Actually yes on some rather chubby people of both genders. They were nice and friendly folk. No one propositioned Carp or me. Guess we weren't attractive enough. Hope you can get out again soon.

fishermanx14
05-08-2013, 08:09 PM
BS. Fish and Game (Wildlife) does not enforce the Adventure Pass. That would be the US Forest Service. No game wardens would point guns in your faces for no reason. As usual, there's more to this story.

how was i supposed to know who they were? All i knew is that they weren't cops and the last thing i was worried about was looking at their badges and asking them questions...... here we go again........

Ifishtoolittle
05-08-2013, 08:19 PM
LOL!! Actually yes on some rather chubby people of both genders. They were nice and friendly folk. No one propositioned Carp or me. Guess we weren't attractive enough. Hope you can get out again soon.

Okay. Carp did not tell me everything then. I'll be free pretty soon. lol whenever that is! haha

Viejo
05-08-2013, 10:14 PM
how was i supposed to know who they were? All i knew is that they weren't cops and the last thing i was worried about was looking at their badges and asking them questions...... here we go again........

You mad bro?

My Grandpa used to say, "The truth is the only thing you don't have to remember." Hard to recall all the details of all those whoppers when you tell too many.

fishermanx14
05-08-2013, 10:26 PM
You mad bro?

My Grandpa used to say, "The truth is the only thing you don't have to remember." Hard to recall all the details of all those whoppers when you tell too many.

hahahah i called it! i knew you would have to come share your 2 cents haha you are so predictable...ill see ya later i don't feel like wasting anymore time on know-it-alls on the internet

DarkShadow
05-09-2013, 03:44 PM
My Grandpa used to say....

My grandma used to say, ''What's better.. a good plate with nothin' on it?"

No, wait, l messed up.

She used to say, ''What's a good plate with nothin' on it?''

Lady Quagga
05-09-2013, 03:47 PM
My grandma used to say, ''What's better.. a good plate with nothin' on it?"

No, wait, l messed up.

She used to say, ''What's a good plate with nothin' on it?''

"Meaning?"

DarkShadow
05-09-2013, 03:55 PM
"Meaning?"

I don't know. She was senile and ****.

ghost2uu
05-09-2013, 03:55 PM

That is why we call that whole area Pickle Park.

CrownTown
05-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Does the water look clean enough to swim in? Looks like a clean little lake. Asked you about this place a month or so ago, appreciate the report.

carpanglerdude
05-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Does the water look clean enough to swim in? Looks like a clean little lake. Asked you about this place a month or so ago, appreciate the report.

Definitely clear enough, looked perfect for float tube.
There was a couple of people in an inflatable kayak splashin' around. This was my first time to Lost, let me know if you do well out there!

pekso
06-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Definitely clear enough, looked perfect for float tube.
There was a couple of people in an inflatable kayak splashin' around. This was my first time to Lost, let me know if you do well out there!

I've float it a few times before. Just little dinks here and there. Super clean lake but weirdos go shooting there and eerie at night. There is a big albino bass swimming around in there and a big cat swimming around also.

sumodnb
06-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Don't you mean, "if you go alone". That place is the strangest thing I've read of in years.

I love post police who make asses out of themselves lol.

Jayman1974
11-11-2016, 12:07 PM
Lost Lake is indeed lost. We stopped there yesterday and it is dry as a bone.

murphy
11-19-2016, 09:41 AM
Lost Lake is indeed lost. We stopped there yesterday and it is dry as a bone.

Let me guess... it fell a little short of 300 ft deep:Pee:

Stinkbait
11-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Is the guy with the pink bow tie still giving out free candy in the bushes?