PDA

View Full Version : Pontoon on the Goon

tacklejunkie
09-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Where is a good/easy place to launch my pontoon on the lagoon? I haven't been up there to check it out yet. Thinking of sneaking up there for a weekday mission one day this or next week..

matt duarte
09-11-2007, 09:15 AM
any place is easy the best would proly be at the day parking lot otherwise you haveto hike down a hill steeper than the one at perris what day you planning on going maybe I can play hookie from work and go with you...not a for sure thing but it can't hurt to try

matt duarte
09-11-2007, 09:26 AM
dude I mounted my seat riser and swivel yesterday and I cant reach the foot rest anymore! I think the mexican in me is keeping me short :lol:

looks like ill have to have the standing platform ready so I have some where to put my feet lol. I ned to figure out a way to lighten it up a bit right now it weighs around 10lbs maybe less.... al I could findat work was 1/4 thick alum. we have .90 thousands but that like a 1/16 might be to skinny with the 90

tacklejunkie
09-11-2007, 09:28 AM
I need to get that freakin' pontoon wheel thing. It's out of stock anywhere I Can find it, or priced too high compared to other places. I think I might have torqued my back from carrying the toon funny that solo day at perris.

matt duarte
09-11-2007, 09:42 AM
ya same here bro my back was kickin, I think from carring the toon and rowing but I figure cause its something I wasn't used to ans probley used muscles I haven't used for a while. we have wheels here at work maybe I can come up with something cheap and easy

Ronira
09-11-2007, 09:54 AM
You guys really ought to try driving to the water. You can get anywhere on the lake so try it out. When I go I would much rather launch where I can drive to and let the boat take me to the spot.

Socal Bassman
09-11-2007, 10:04 AM
There's a launch ramp on the east side of the lake. I believe you can setup and launch from there. That's where Z launched from on saturday. Paradise Cove, on the west side of the lake, seems to be a popular launch site for the local tubers.

matt duarte
09-11-2007, 10:08 AM
lol if I get to 11 and 12 earily enough I can drive up the curb and down to the water their, unload and go park.. kinda suck if I got stuck though might be a nice ticket :lol:

tacklejunkie
09-11-2007, 10:11 AM
How about Fees and getting in the gate? am I looking at your standard $8-$10-$12 entry?

I don't expect to catch anything my first time up there, but still want to scout the place out a bit while there is still some heat out there.

Matt,
I saw two kids on mopeds go back there with fishing rods the other day :lol:

Socal Bassman
09-11-2007, 10:16 AM
At that place... It's more like the standard $17 to launch!!! I was like :eek2: when the lady at the gate told me. It's $11 to get in and $6 to launch a watercraft. Which you will get a launch permit and required to carry it on your person.

Z-TUNAKILLER
09-11-2007, 10:17 AM
dude I mounted my seat riser and swivel yesterday and I cant reach the foot rest anymore! I think the mexican in me is keeping me short :lol:

looks like ill have to have the standing platform ready so I have some where to put my feet lol. I ned to figure out a way to lighten it up a bit right now it weighs around 10lbs maybe less.... al I could findat work was 1/4 thick alum. we have .90 thousands but that like a 1/16 might be to skinny with the 90

matt ...LMFAO :rofl: ..... try drill a pattern of holes in the aluminum, it will lighten it up, just do not drill the hole to close together it will weaken it, you can also use a thinner aluminum but you will have to reinforce the bottom with L angle or something ridged. I'll have a look and give you more info, when i see you out there. oh yeah, were you able to get me that lexan ???

Z

FISH ON !

tacklejunkie
09-11-2007, 10:20 AM
It's more like the standard $17 to launch!!!
Yeehaw! In that case, I hope I atleast snag a dink :lol: Thanks for the info dudes.

matt duarte
09-11-2007, 10:24 AM
ya he have lexan here its kinda thin though maybe 1/8th at the most and its a white clear color....or theres aways polyurathane or polyethalean I thinks that's what their called

oh and about the holes... I did the math and if I drill 30 1'' or less holes that only takes off 3/4 of a pound....not much

if anything the weight shouldn't be that much of a problem ill counter weight it with a anchor and a ice chest. but the weight is basiclly where I'm sitting so it woul just be like I gained a few pounds right?

I finish it up at work and when I get home ill throw the toon in the pool and see how the extra weight effects standing or anything at all

Z-TUNAKILLER
09-11-2007, 10:24 AM
tj, what day are you going to the goon, i was thinking of going tomorrow but any day during the week is cool for me right now?

matt ......1/8" is cool, THANKS.

Z

FISH ON !

Socal Bassman
09-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Forgot to add this in my last post. As for a wheel attachment? Here you go.

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gf ... ead#unread (http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=258631;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC ;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unre ad)

Z-TUNAKILLER
09-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Hey Now, that looks cool socal..... Ron, if you left the wheel on it would act as a rutter... only problem is, you'd get all wet from the rooster-tail of water in #5 speed... :rofl:

Z

FISH ON !

matt duarte
09-11-2007, 11:03 AM
ya that thing is sweet and looks easy....to bad I don't have a little brother or sister so that I can hack ther front wheel off their bike :lol:

well ron that 1/4 alum plate is getting welded ill let you guys know if it works or if I fall in the pool :lol: I'm going to try it in he pool without weight on the back and if it works good like that than I know ill be fine with a anchor and a loaded ice chest on the back for this sunday....gotta wait till we order more alum than its on!

Z-TUNAKILLER
09-11-2007, 11:08 AM
matt... just hit a garage sale... you can get an old kids bike for like....

50cents :thumb:

your LUCKY, you get to do G job's at your work.

tacklejunkie
09-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Not really sure when I'm heading up there. Waiting for my back to feel better. I'll be taking a short trip to the SF bay and plan to hit the Lagoon on the way, a day in advance. Might get a line wet in the SF bay when I'm in alameda as well..
Thanks for the wheel link socal 8)

matt duarte
09-11-2007, 11:23 AM
what's in SF bay TJ.. :lol:

ya Z I run a vacume forming machine at work and have like 10 min per cycle on the machine so I just mess around a lot tinkering around with hat I can find here :lol:

Z-TUNAKILLER
09-11-2007, 12:55 PM
NICE.... matt , let me lose some time in your work shop... MAN ..we can build are own toon's ...

with a rocket pack.. :cart:
...............:death2above:

dose the shop have a mill, lath, pipe/tube bender, mig-welder, etc.?

Z

FISH ON !

matt duarte
09-11-2007, 02:14 PM
yep everything except the bender... I have a bender at home for my baja I'm building....

we also have foam that floats and doesn't absorb water! would be perfect for a toon....it wouldn't pop

Ronira
09-11-2007, 05:23 PM
One of the reasons toons fish so well is the ability to slide over weedbeds. Hang that wheel in the water and kiss that goodbye. A daggerboard that can be pulled up for shallow draft or weeds would be much better.

tacklejunkie
09-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Heading to the SF bay, and hitting the goon on the way! I'll be back in time for the sunday perris rumble :lol: Later dudes!

matt duarte
09-12-2007, 08:17 AM
have fun TJ safe travels see ya sunday