PDA

View Full Version : 5/28 quick fish

FishinLBC
04-29-2013, 09:02 PM
AO "the salad bar"
11:30 am

so this weekend was my anniversary and we decided to send the kid to my moms and spend the weekend alone together. I suggested we spend some time on the beach, and hey why not do some fishing while we're enjoying the day :Cool:
The conditions were nice but the salad was extra thick like 9 out of 10 casts were full of grass, i did manage some fish though. In 2 hours exactly i pinned 2 small bsp and a nice sized bat ray on a lcfm110 . After that a pod of dolphins came through, and that wrapped up the fishing for me as this spot is open shore line and that's just asking to catch a dolphin, lol

I also was wondering a couple things, what knot do you guys like for your Lc's? And where do you prefer to Get your tide and condition reports?

PTN
04-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Typo in your title :Big Grin: Way to get out and fish and catch in salad bar conditions. I use the uni knot. Palomar knot is popular too. Haven't had a uni knot fail me. I get my tide and conditions report at surfline.com. I liked the old layout on the website better but if you have a smart phone, get the surfline app. Really simple to use and feels like the old layout they had before. Thanks for the report.

-Peter

Jaysuuun
04-29-2013, 10:49 PM
I use a palomar knot on everything. Easy to tie too.
Check out magicseaweed.com for conditions. Has tide, swell, wind and weather info.

SP Dan
04-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi ya FishinLBC,

Way to beat off the skunk Sir and Happy Anniversary! :Thumbs Up:

As far as knots:
I use a Palomar Knot on the drop-shot and a I use the Uni Knot on all lures and all swimmies.

As far as smart iphone sites:
I use magicseaweed.com, World Tides, Moon Phases, Surfline, SoCal Surf and iSolunar for aiding in selecting my AO's.
Best of success to you out there!

Thanx for the fishing report! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

bachiboy
04-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Nice goin FLBC and Happy Anniversary! I use a uni knot. On 12lb., the hooks will likely straighten before the knot breaks. Sounds like you had a great day out...grass or no grass, fish or no fish. Always just nice to get out there.:Wink:

Enjoy!
Don

sidified
04-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Glad you chose to spend the day together with your best friend.. and of course you must fish...it just wouldn't be civilized not to.. ;)
Did she enjoy her book??

FishinLBC
04-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the replys guys. And ya she loves her books lol

jerryG
04-30-2013, 11:27 PM
I use the San Diego Jam Knot and I also use the Palomar. When I'm fishing heavier line ( and when fishing the iron) I use a double San Diego knot. Have never had any issues with knots on the LC but the stock hooks are another story..

JerryG

Tubbytuba
05-01-2013, 07:59 AM
palomar knot all the way. its tough 0 slip and easy to tie. if you are using bait then snell your hooks. congrats!

Good Hunting

murrieta angler
05-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Happy Anniversary!
I use a uni myself and when fishing deep water, for tuna, I will use a san diego like JerryG.
Here are the sites that I use;
http://wavecast.com/
http://forecasts.surfingmagazine.com/#place=33.715201644740844_-119.575195_7_1422_height_none_Sat_-1
http://www.tides4fishing.com/us/california
Good Luck,
Robert
<><