PDA

View Full Version : Left the float tube at home today

SHOOTER2496
04-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Decided to ditch the tube & fish from shore with my little bro and dad today, got to the lake around 7:00 (LATE START). Weather was perfect, no wind and clear skies :Envious:
We walked to the north side of the lake and fished the buoy line. First couple of casts my dad hooks up on a TOAD! Peelin' drag like crazy, Double digit bass for sure. The bass made 3 LONG runs and on the third run he spit the hook :Shocked: My dad was pissed ahaha
He said he has never fought a bass that peeled drag like that before, after the lost bass we kept on fishing. I cast out and then figure out my Gopro wasnt on. So i turn it on and grab my rod, knowing that my lure already hit the bottom i jerk a couple times just to make sure no weeds are on and BAAAAMM!!. FISH ON!
Felt like i hit a wall, fough this guy for a lil' bit and then landed him. I'd say he was pushing 2.5 lbs, super skinny and had a big ol' mouth. Probably would have been just under 4 lbs before the spawn. Took a couple of pictures and released the bad boy.
After that bass I convinced my lil' bro to switch his setup to a lure similar to mine hoping he could catch at least one, after I tied him up i walked over to where my dad was and cast out... started reeling and felt a thump :D kept reeling and felt my rod load up, set the hook and FISH ON! again!
Bass jumped a couple of times and then I landed him, a chunky 2 lber. A couple of pics and sent him back.
After that my dad and I missed 2 fish each :Evil: the bit died around 9.
We started working our way back to the truck and left the lake at 10.