PDA

View Full Version : 3rd. Annual Farm Fest BBQ Cookoff! The BOMB!!!!

Mondo21
04-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Got to Irvine Lake at about 6:15am. Went into the tackle shop and ordered pancakes, potatoes and sausage, which was delicious. Got the paperwork for the pontoon, I had reserve in advance a week prior. Glad I did, some people were a_ s-out and didn't get one. Called my son Hitts (who had stayed at the lake the night before)and went on and started putting our gear into the pontoon. Hitts, Troutdog and our new friend Warren. I think Warren's name on the site is Fishing for Life. They showed up while I was eating my delicious breakfast.
I hadn't been to Irvine for about a month. It was good seeing, Trolly, Pontoon, Big Daddy, Hometown,Omar, One_Leg and the rest of the ole gang. I also met Blue Wagon's wife and some of his family members. The memorial of Blue Wagon was very touching.
It was a fabulous day on the water, the weather was perfect, the fishing was excellent, and the food was AWESOME!!! Congrats to the winners of the BBQ Cookoff! The ribs were delicious! I enjoyed all the food I ate. Anytime I go to an event like that I can't help but think about Dana. I miss the kindness and the big smile he had. Big props to the funny MC on the mic (Hitts-0n) That's my Boy!
I farmed about a 9lb. Trout, It was a trilled trying to get him in. But the themed is called Farm Fest, :LOL:.
Hope to see even more people at the"Catfish Co-Op".
http://s406.photobucket.com/user/cynthiareed1959/slideshow/3rd%20Annual%20Farm%20Fest%20and%20Rib%20Cookoff

blakeb
04-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Hey mondo how have you been having talked to you or fished with you in a long time I was going to go to the event but wa busy ill be out there for the catfish season with some of my friends and hopefully qualify this summer.

Fishingforlyfe
04-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks mama Cindy for letting me on your pontoon and everything yesterday! I had a great time! :D
-Fishingforlyfe aka "Thin Line" (:

Hometown
04-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Mondo 21 it was great to see you and the rest of Team 57 A lot of good friends and met some new friends.

Mondo21
04-28-2013, 03:09 PM
I guess I put this thread in the wrong spot, My bad :Embarrassed: Maybe who is ever is the moderator can put this thread in the correct place. Thanks. Or I will have to copy and paste. I haven't been on the site for a long time....

Mondo21
04-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Hope to see you there Blake.:Smile:

Mondo21
04-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Thanks mama Cindy for letting me on your pontoon and everything yesterday! I had a great time! :D
-Fishingforlyfe aka "Thin Line" (:
Happy to have you Warren, I had fun with u too.

Mondo21
04-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Hometown, it's always good seeing you. Maybe you can join us next time.:Big Grin:

cijaes
04-28-2013, 06:26 PM
I too, had a great time at the Farm Fest. Jason and I would like to thank Team 57 for the invite. The food and the hospitality were both top notch. So thanks again to the team.

PONTOON
04-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Cindy,

It was definitely a pleasure to get to see with you again and chat for a while. I hope to see you again this summer when the catfish are biting!:Cool:

The Farm Fest turned out to be a very successful get together. There were veteran Team 57 represented along with new members along with their Families and Friends all laughing and having a great time just like the old days. The Team 57 spirit is awesome!
Dedicating this event to the memory of Mark "Bluewagon" Kraft was very enlightening and as the day progressed with the rib cook off, the memories of Bluewagon being spoken and the awards and raffle all gave the feeling of past Team 57 gatherings......It was an awesome event made succdessful by everyone who attended and worked behind the scenes.............Team 57 Rocks! :Thumbs Up:

troutdog
04-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Great seeing you again Cindy, thank you for having me aboard.....I think I feel worse about the whopper getting away than you do! :Sad: We'll gettum next time :Wink:

Farm Fest III was amazing in many ways....I will post up some pics as well!

TD

VineVideos
04-29-2013, 06:33 AM
Many thanks for the invite. I really enjoyed the food and hospitality. Great ribs !! Wow. And nice to get to meet more of you and
put faces with handles. Love it. Keep up the good work.

DJ

5150fishn
04-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Another great event for the Team 57 crew! Cindy, thank you for being that friendly smile that we all know and love and thank you for helping with the sale of the event shirts. Too bad about the one that got away but it was FARMFEST! Lol
The attendance was great and with many friends old and new. Thank you to all who participated and all who helped put this great event together. Thanks to Hitts for being the great MC as usual and for rounding up some quality sponsors! Thanks to Tapersteve for putting a ton of time into this event. Thank you Thisfool for the awesome awards that you had made for this event. As usual food was plentiful and the rib contestents put out some amazing ribs!

These events are so special because of everyones participation and I truely appreciate everyone showing up.
The dedication to our dear friend Mark " Bluewagon" Kraft was touching and it was an honor to meet his wife and some of his family members.

A special thanks to all of our sponsors who sent home a bunch of happy people with some great gifts!

Also a big thank you to Irvine Lake and the entire staff who happily allowed us to have our event at their great lake. The staff is top notch and it is always a pleasure to be in your company!

Mondo21
04-29-2013, 10:36 AM
I guess I put this thread in the wrong spot, My bad :Embarrassed: Maybe who is ever is the moderator can put this thread in the correct place. Thanks. Or I will have to copy and paste. I haven't been on the site for a long time....

Thanks for moving this thread to the right spot Wingnut.:Smile:

Mondo21
04-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Great seeing you again Cindy, thank you for having me aboard.....I think I feel worse about the whopper getting away than you do! :Sad: We'll gettum next time :Wink:

Farm Fest III was amazing in many ways....I will post up some pics as well!

TD

I'm just happy that I finally got a chance to to fight with the "BIG DOGS" But the "BIG DOG" WON! LOL! I will have a rematch someday soon. :LOL: Cindy

Wingnut
04-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Thanks for moving this thread to the right spot Wingnut.:Smile:

No problem Cindy, sounds like a fabulous event. :Cool:

Rooster
04-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Great report Cindy, Was great seeing you there. I wish I could have seen that epic battle of you and that monster trout. Great times as always

Mondo21
05-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Great report Cindy, Was great seeing you there. I wish I could have seen that epic battle of you and that monster trout. Great times as always

Great seeing u2 Rooster, I hope to see you soon. That was an exciting fight! Felt like ole times.

trollmiester
05-15-2013, 03:11 PM
man the group picture does not do it justice.i lot of people left before the picture.it was so nice to see you and hits on. i was so happy when i launched and see you guys fishing again.hope you enjoyed the catfish.thnax again big daddy and weigh to go on ist place.also taper steve and 5150 and boober boy thanx for all the hard work.