PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day on June Lake

JuneFisherwoman
04-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Biggest fish on June Lake went to Mike Campbell with this 5 1/4 lb rainbow caught with yellow powerbait. He claims the June Lake Marina's silver belt buckle.

The Monster Trout Contest (biggest in the LOOP) went to a guy out of Silver Lake who caught two identical 5.6#. Photos to come.

Biggest fish from Lake Front Cabins, Jim Stillman wins the pot with this 3.3# out of June Lake. Also Erick Walker (who has been coming up here with his dad for 30 years) with this great 2.2#. Voted "most competitive": Chris Stephenson, Brent Sorenson, Jeff Moore and Dave Stephenson (won last years silver belt buckle) - have been egging eachother on for Opener for over 40 years. Another good year.

We took a lap around June Lake in the morning - not a hit! Just warm sunny skies and the beautiful snowy mountains reflecting on the water. Maybe it was the full moon or the warm weather - think these fish will be waiting for a couple of weeks before they start biting. Did have some guests catch on cinnamon wollybuggers on June Lake in the later afternoon - when everyone was coming back empty handed.

DaFish
04-28-2013, 12:34 PM
That is a nice fish!! Thanks for the report

SierraPeaks
04-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Every report I've got from buddies from Bridgeport to Crowley has said it's smokin' hot. Limits for everyone. Maybe you should have done more than one lap around the lake and there would be no :Skunk: :My Two Cents:

ocampo82
04-29-2013, 06:12 PM
I always have a great time. Limited at PVR on Friday...WOW the water level had us walk well past the boat ramp, but it was worth it. Other spots my group hit did well too. (Silver, June)