PDA

View Full Version : 4/27 Post Japan Trip Pyramid Slay

DMS
04-27-2013, 05:38 PM
After almost a one month hiatus from chasing stripeys due to my first trip to Japan, we were back in the saddle today. Arrived at the lake to see a horde of bassers having another tournament. At least I was first in line to launch after the pre-opening bassers were out of the way. After dumping my boat, I had a bit of trouble from some a-hole who didn't allow enough room to drive through the lane as his rig was way out of the stripes. I was stuck for about 10 minutes maneuvering my truck to try and keep the trailer from hitting his truck as it was sticking out. I tried to pull my trailer over (like I used to do with my old rig), but learned that won't work. So, I backed and twisted and squeezed through. I tried to not to send nasty thoughts as I felt my back from trying to pull my trailer over from this inconsiderate jerk.

Anyway, out to the lake and tried a moment of trolling, but didn't see much and I figured to head to what I will now call "Dan's Spot". (some of you know what I'm talking about). There were three bass boats all trying to scrape green carp off the shore, so I waited until they were out of the way and dropped my anchors.

The water was nice, a bit a wind, but not too bad and nice and pleasant temp. The water was mid-60's and I set out my shimano clarius rigs, including the two new ones I picked up before Japan. About a half hour later, we had a fish, then another... a double hookup. I set the hook for lulu as I fought a nice one and we got them in... then another and another and all four rods were dry with fish on the deck. Cleared the deck and reset and by 10:00, we had 15 nice stripers.

Flyhigh123 came by then and we said hello and filled them in with the report. After that, the temperature started cooking, the lake lice were really getting out of control and the bass guys ('er green carpers) were flying in, hitting the point and over and flying out. I did see one catch in there by a tourney guy though... nothing big, but it was really green.

So, we picked a few and once we had 18, we got the smallest fish of the day and I had mercy and threw him back (not into another boat though). Another nice 4#'er coming in spit the hook at color... dang. By then Lulu had me raise the bimini top, which was nice for shade, but awkward to fish around. all in all that thing is worth it though and we are grateful to have the shade. I saw a nice school under the boat and dropped down for our last fish around noon.

Since we had one left to fill, we tried a while longer and then trolled around a bit for nothing more. We had our limits and killed 19. The average size seems to be good with still a few smallers. The big one was almost 6#.

On the way in, we saw my buddies from work trying to fight off the skunk. It was a cluster.... at the ramp, but we got out. Really hot so our photos this time are not so good.

DMS

TroutOnly
04-27-2013, 08:21 PM
WELCOME BACK TO THE STRIPEY KILLIN DAN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I MISSED YOU AND LULU,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

DMS
04-27-2013, 10:58 PM
We missed you too T/O. I followed the cut sit saga and the singing stripers from Japan.

MikesOcean
04-30-2013, 08:11 AM
Welcome back DMS! Kinda wondered about you not reporting.

Great job! I need to get back out there soon.