PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 4-27

P.A.W.
04-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Right out of the marina turned left and as I went past the 1st bouy my rod goes off. Crank,crank,crank... he's off DANG! let the line back out, put the rod down.... bam fish on.... then off DANG! One minute later another farm job. I turned around and went back for nada. It was so still and calm with hardly any boat traffic I couldn't resist. Put away the U-rig and headed to some grounds with zero pressure for a little LMB action. It was on today. I found the fish are still spooky so I tossed my finnesse baits from 30-50 feet away and did real well. If my boat drifted within 15 feet of the tullies the fish just shut down. They were still there, but reverted back to defense mode rather than feeding.

A guy I see out there regularly (damn can't recall his name now) came off the water same time as me. He had 2 8lbers in his livewell for pics and a 6lb. striper to boot! As the fry start getting around it just might turn these guys on.

Hardcor
04-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Right out of the marina turned left and as I went past the 1st bouy my rod goes off. Crank,crank,crank... he's off DANG! let the line back out, put the rod down.... bam fish on.... then off DANG! One minute later another farm job. I turned around and went back for nada. It was so still and calm with hardly any boat traffic I couldn't resist. Put away the U-rig and headed to some grounds with zero pressure for a little LMB action. It was on today. I found the fish are still spooky so I tossed my finnesse baits from 30-50 feet away and did real well. If my boat drifted within 15 feet of the tullies the fish just shut down. They were still there, but reverted back to defense mode rather than feeding.

A guy I see out there regularly (damn can't recall his name now) came off the water same time as me. He had 2 8lbers in his livewell for pics and a 6lb. striper to boot! As the fry start getting around it just might turn these guys on.

You had me going for a second ! Left the Stripers to play with green carp ? That's ok, I know what it's like to need to feel something on the other end !

Thank's for the report, ( Right out of the marina turn left past 1st bouy ! ) Yah ! Baby !

PS Pyramid has been going off ! There's a video of,,,T/O,,,and I at Pyramid Slaying ! It's on the Pyramid report !

P.A.W.
04-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Not to worry Corey. The stripers will have my undevided attention tomorrow.

Hardcor
04-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Not to worry Corey. The stripers will have my undevided attention tomorrow.

That a boy !

cambofisher
04-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Good job of getting on some fish p.a.w. too bad about the stripers you'll getem next time. Have u seen any of those giant Florida bluegills up in the shallows yet? I'm planning on getting out there on this coming Sunday and target them. Thanks in advance.