PDA

View Full Version : Lucky 13

Newfishsmell
04-26-2013, 11:32 PM
Fishing report for 4/26 San Clemente Island

After seeing some Yellowtail in the fish counts I decided to go for it. So Thursday
night I drive down to 22nd St Landing to fish aboard the Freedom. It looked to be
a light crowd and excitement was in the air.

I pay my fees, get my ticket, and wouldn't you know it ... sack number 13 :EyePop:

Who says the number 13 is unlucky ... :Big Grin:

Caught this guy fly lining a Sardine on 30lb.
http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/everycast/Lucky13/Lucky13_zps2cc8900c.jpg

The weather was great, although the wind did come up a little bit in the afternoon.
I believe most of the Yellows caught were on the fly lined Sardines. Very light bite,
you really had to let the fish take the bait. There was also some nice rockfish caught,
seen some reds that must of went 7 or 8lbs.

Take care & until next time ... tight lines !!

Sonnyyy
04-26-2013, 11:50 PM
wow nice catch! Maybe its time i go use my coupon for these charter boats :D

Newfishsmell
04-28-2013, 08:16 AM
wow nice catch! Maybe its time i go use my coupon for these charter boats :D

Hi Sonnyy

This was a overnight trip. The boat leaves the night before, fishing the following day.
When fishing the party boats, the overnight trips have a better chance at some bigger
fish.

Good luck out there.

Thanks

madbass
04-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Congratulations!! #13 is always good luck!
Tommy is probably one of the best skippers in the business!!!
Freedom is a top notch boat with a great crew!!

Thanks for the report and pictures

Alex

Newfishsmell
04-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Congratulations!! #13 is always good luck!
Tommy is probably one of the best skippers in the business!!!
Freedom is a top notch boat with a great crew!!

Thanks for the report and pictures

Alex

I agree, the skipper and crew work hard to keep you on the fish.

Thanks madbass

zzzfish
04-29-2013, 07:55 AM
Nice Fish!

I've been wanting to check out that landing but not sure how the parking has gotten over the years. Was the parking easy for you? I'm hoping to get out there soon.

Jake

Newfishsmell
04-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Nice Fish!

I've been wanting to check out that landing but not sure how the parking has gotten over the years. Was the parking easy for you? I'm hoping to get out there soon.

Jake

Hi zzzfish

Parking was very easy, most guys parked in the small lot next to the landing. There's also
a huge parking lot directly across the street.

Thanks Jake

bachiboy
04-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Nice going NFS! Great quality yellow you've got there. I always try and get number 13 when I go long range, but then again, that goes hand in hand with the name "Bachi"...which means "bad karma" in Japanese-American slang.:Wink:

Congrats!
Don

Newfishsmell
05-01-2013, 05:40 AM
Nice going NFS! Great quality yellow you've got there. I always try and get number 13 when I go long range, but then again, that goes hand in hand with the name "Bachi"...which means "bad karma" in Japanese-American slang.:Wink:

Congrats!
Don

I always wondered the meaning of your screen name, I like it.

Thanks bachiboy, and watch out for those hooks ... lol

DockRat
05-01-2013, 06:10 AM
That's a healthy YT there. Boy do those things fight.
DR

murrieta angler
05-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Nice yellow Chuck!
I've been watching the reports as well, and as you know, it seems the boats are getting great numbers 1 day, then 2 or 3 the next day..:Sad:
Glad you are one of the few to get one..:Wink:
Take Care,
Robert
<><

Newfishsmell
05-03-2013, 05:47 AM
That's a healthy YT there. Boy do those things fight.
DR

They are tough !

Thanks DR

Nice yellow Chuck!
I've been watching the reports as well, and as you know, it seems the boats are getting great numbers 1 day, then 2 or 3 the next day..:Sad:
Glad you are one of the few to get one..:Wink:
Take Care,
Robert
<><

I'm glad too ... Thanks Robert

Git R Done
05-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Way to go man! When I was on the thunderbird I saw the freedom out there. They had a good spot and were getting a few here and there. Hopefully it's the begining to a great season