PDA

View Full Version : Fishing GODS, thank you

Joshua
04-26-2013, 07:33 AM
The fishing Gods have shown some mercy. I thought my string of openers was over this year. A surprise baby in 2011 and a botched vasectomy (another surprise baby in 2013) have added 2 little boys both under 2 years old. For the frist time in 8 years, my daughter didnt have a softball game on the opener so I was hoping to spend the entire weekend up on the hill. With 2 little ones at home my wife threatened great bodily harm if I went. I can handle pain! I told my wife I would take the older of the boys and my daughter got jealous so she is coming. Because of the added responsibilities of the younger one, I am going to stay in the valley and keep them warm.
I only have Saturday to fish. We Will start in Lone Pine and fish the sand trap. I saw fotos of a sand trap in Independence. Does anyone know how to find the sand trap in Independence? You can PM me to keep the lurkers away, Thanks in advance.
Others waters we may hit, Tuttle Creek, Goodale, Taboose, Owens below Tinemaha Res, Big Pine, Baker Creek. I will have my lil dude on my back (in a back pack) for as long as he can tolerate it, then he will be on foot patrol. Any suggestion for open areas? I just dont have the time to run up the Bishop Creeks drainage. And I dont want to deal with the cold weather and the rude idiots for the opener. With a fishing license there needs to be a lesson on fishing etiquette.

My wife is fully convinced that bringing my son will cure my of the fishing disease. She compares it to the time he joined me for the dove opener. She is wrong, the disease aint going away.

Be safe. FISH ON!

Sierra_Smitty
04-26-2013, 09:42 AM
With the forecast, you might have to worry about keeping your kids cool in valley more than warm hahaha. Good luck out there!

Joshua
04-26-2013, 09:54 AM
With the forecast, you might have to worry about keeping your kids cool in valley more than warm hahaha. Good luck out there!
Smitty, You know I always try to stop by and say "hey" My daughter doesnt want to spend that much time in the car. But I will keep creeping up the 395. If she takes an early nap near Big Pine. She may wake up on Bishop South Fork. I wanted to try South Lake for some ice fishing, maybe next year. Looks like you will have a full fleet of boats on the water for Memorial Day.

PS Clear your PM You have been full for months. Or maybe you just leave it full so you dont have to respond to new requests, like mine. I need my annual Christmas report for PVR.

Sierra_Smitty
04-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Hahaha - ok, I cleared out my inbox.

Probably no boats til Mid June - water is too dang low.

Good luck on your adventure with the kids.....they should have a ball.

SierraPeaks
04-26-2013, 01:25 PM
The fishing Gods have shown some mercy. I thought my string of openers was over this year. A surprise baby in 2011 and a botched vasectomy (another surprise baby in 2013) have added 2 little boys both under 2 years old. For the frist time in 8 years, my daughter didnt have a softball game on the opener so I was hoping to spend the entire weekend up on the hill. With 2 little ones at home my wife threatened great bodily harm if I went. I can handle pain! I told my wife I would take the older of the boys and my daughter got jealous so she is coming. Because of the added responsibilities of the younger one, I am going to stay in the valley and keep them warm.
I only have Saturday to fish. We Will start in Lone Pine and fish the sand trap. I saw fotos of a sand trap in Independence. Does anyone know how to find the sand trap in Independence? You can PM me to keep the lurkers away, Thanks in advance.
Others waters we may hit, Tuttle Creek, Goodale, Taboose, Owens below Tinemaha Res, Big Pine, Baker Creek. I will have my lil dude on my back (in a back pack) for as long as he can tolerate it, then he will be on foot patrol. Any suggestion for open areas? I just dont have the time to run up the Bishop Creeks drainage. And I dont want to deal with the cold weather and the rude idiots for the opener. With a fishing license there needs to be a lesson on fishing etiquette.

My wife is fully convinced that bringing my son will cure my of the fishing disease. She compares it to the time he joined me for the dove opener. She is wrong, the disease aint going away.

Be safe. FISH ON!

Cold weather isn't a problem this year. Dudes at Crowley are walking around in shorts and no shirts.

zzzfish
04-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Good luck up there and post up a report. WON said they'll probably do a sobriety test on the 395 today and a Fish Check on Tuesday the following week so don't do anything too stupid.

Joshua
04-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Good luck up there and post up a report. WON said they'll probably do a sobriety test on the 395 today and a Fish Check on Tuesday the following week so don't do anything too stupid.
Appreciate the heads up. I am reformed. No more booze for me. And I Practice C&R as much as possible.

Beancounter
04-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Hey Joshua!
Good to hear you're making the trip.
I remember those days with the kid in a backpack...my how time fly's!
You are more brave than I am.
The youngest my kids were 3 when I first brought them up.
If you find out the details of Lone Pine sand trap and Shepard's creek sand trap let me know(PM).
I have always wanted to try those places out.
Good luck to you mi Amigo!

Joshua
04-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Hey Joshua!
Good to hear you're making the trip.
I remember those days with the kid in a backpack...my how time fly's!
You are more brave than I am.
The youngest my kids were 3 when I first brought them up.
If you find out the details of Lone Pine sand trap and Shepard's creek sand trap let me know(PM).
I have always wanted to try those places out.
Good luck to you mi Amigo!
I have fished Lone Pine SandTrap about 50 times. It is my first stop to feed the Jones. It is at the 3 hour mark,so it is good place for a pit stop, stretch the legs and hook into a few fish. Shepard Sand Trap is on the East side of 395. I havent found Independence sand trap yet, That is one of the objectives of this trip.
Taking a 15 month old may seem insane to some, but not fishing this season is not an option. I know my actual fishing time with be reduced but it beats hanging around OC for another weekend. Hopefully, I can get my daughter rejuvanted about fishing with dad. She was my fishing buddy for many years but lost the desire. If God would fullfill one prayer that would be that my kids and I will always want to fish together.

Beancounter
04-28-2013, 08:26 PM
I hope you found Independence sand trap. That's the one I was thinking of, not Lone Pine...lol.
I was checking out Google maps last night, and I think I found them. I'm gonna hit those places up next time I'm up there.
You have a great chance of getting your prayer answered mi Amigo.
I think most kids go through that phase during their teen years (mine did).
Eventually they come back though, because "You" taught them early.
Go Raiders!

Joshua
04-29-2013, 10:05 AM
I posted a report of the trip Under the reports Tab
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?72658-Fishing-opener-2013&p=670380#post670380