PDA

View Full Version : DVL Marina boat rental question

jicasiano
04-25-2013, 07:04 PM
A friend and I tried to reserve the deluxe bass boat for this Saturday. Unfortunately they were all sold out so we had to settle for the "bass boat." That's the only description the website gave so I'm assuming its just the basic bass boat. So my question is: what's the difference between the deluxe and basic bass boats at the DVL marina? I'm gonna bring a trolling motor and my portable fish finder just in case the basic bass boat is extremely "basic". Lol

bassoholic
04-25-2013, 07:43 PM
A friend and I tried to reserve the deluxe bass boat for this Saturday. Unfortunately they were all sold out so we had to settle for the "bass boat." That's the only description the website gave so I'm assuming its just the basic bass boat. So my question is: what's the difference between the deluxe and basic bass boats at the DVL marina? I'm gonna bring a trolling motor and my portable fish finder just in case the basic bass boat is extremely "basic". Lol

Just my two cents bro but I'll never get a deluxe boat at DVL. Trolling motors stink, the batteries dies within the first hour, and don't even bother with the fish finders. The basic is all you need, pending you've been to DVL before. The basics just don't have trolling motors, fish finders, or pedestal seats. you're better off saving the money. Good luck!

elbowlayer
04-25-2013, 07:47 PM

The basic bass boat are the old ones, I rented one a while ago, the batt was super old and I had to go back and replace it with another one. After like 30 minutes the other boats batt also ran down. The new bass boats are really nice and a lot newer. The new Lund boats are nice, but are very basic.

jicasiano
04-25-2013, 07:52 PM
We actually rented it so we can participate in our bass club tournament. We would have used my friend's bass boat but it's a 2 stroke outboard. Looks like we'll have our work cut out for us with these crappy rentals. LMAO

bassoholic
04-25-2013, 07:57 PM
We actually rented it so we can participate in our bass club tournament. We would have used my friend's bass boat but it's a 2 stroke outboard. Looks like we'll have our work cut out for us with these crappy rentals. LMAO

For the price of their rentals, I would just call the Bass Taxi and pay $150 for his Skeeter, might be a little late to book though if it's this weekend. Anyhow good luck!

USCisbeast22
04-25-2013, 07:59 PM
The basic bass boat are the old ones, I rented one a while ago, the batt was super old and I had to go back and replace it with another one. After like 30 minutes the other boats batt also ran down. The new bass boats are really nice and a lot newer. The new Lund boats are nice, but are very basic.

I rented a basic bass boat a couple weeks ago and here is my review 1. the engine is super sketchy (if you speed it up too high it will randomly sputter and stop getting a good amount of water in the boat) 2. without our trolling motor we drifted really fast in the wind 3. it has a decent livewell ........honestly all we used the boat for was to get to the other side of the lake and shore fish for bed bass which im not sure if thats legal or not but nobody did anything about it..and the guys in the bass boat were watching us slay LMB while I didn't see them catch anything..

USCisbeast22
04-25-2013, 08:00 PM
And just incase all you guys get defensive about bed fishing...we released them all quickly back to their bed

Pete Marino
04-25-2013, 08:04 PM
call the bass taxi.. Ken will meet you at the lake, launch the boat for you and youll be in a good boat instead of a rental.. just a thought.

pete

jicasiano
04-25-2013, 08:37 PM
call the bass taxi.. Ken will meet you at the lake, launch the boat for you and youll be in a good boat instead of a rental.. just a thought.

pete

Yes we were planning on using them. But I heard a lot of negative things about them lately. I was told their customer service went way down recently.

Pete Marino
04-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Im not sure about that because i havent used Kens service. But he seems like a nice guy ...I guess the only way to find out is to try it. It sure beats a rental and its not too much more money.. good luck!

pete

jicasiano
04-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Im not sure about that because i havent used Kens service. But he seems like a nice guy ...I guess the only way to find out is to try it. It sure beats a rental and its not too much more money.. good luck!

pete

Thanks Pete. Feel free to kick down any tips for DVL.:Big Grin:

Stinkbait
04-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Looks like the Bass Taxi website has been suspended. I tried to check prices.

bman90278
04-26-2013, 05:41 AM

pete

Bman, Good advice from Pete. Also, In the future, when you have committed to a bass club tourney, be sure u plan ahead instead of waiting til the last minute.

-b

Pete Marino
04-26-2013, 07:40 AM
There are so many bass finally in the 10-25 ft range that its not worth it to fish shallower or deeper. Throw plastics whether it be dropshop or texas rigs... There is also an Alabama rig bite and a small swimbait bite like a "trash fish bluegill".. Ive gotten some nice ones on both rigs lately. those are the only reaction baits that have been working for me and they are sporadic at best... There will be a ton of boats there this weekend because the NBW 2 day tournament. ( IM Fishing it too)..

Good luck out there..

Pete

dixoncider
04-26-2013, 08:16 AM
I think they rely on the engines to do all the battery charging. They don't have any electric down on the dock if I am not mistaken.

jicasiano
04-26-2013, 05:13 PM
I think they rely on the engines to do all the battery charging. They don't have any electric down on the dock if I am not mistaken.

I plan on bringing an extra battery tomorrow just on in case!! Sounds like these boats are really crappy!!

thebasshound
04-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Or you can get a hold of me and I'm sure I can be of help if you're intrested