PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explaine....

EbonBetta
04-24-2013, 10:59 PM
I was looking at the tournements listed for Irvine lake and that opens a few questions for me...
I'm guessing Irvine lake is basically a pay to fish lake requiring NO ca fishing license ?
But what is a second limit pass ?

esteban1t
04-24-2013, 11:03 PM
the 24 bucks they charge you gets you a 5 fish limit. and you can pay an extra 19 to receive an extra 5 fish limit

EbonBetta
04-24-2013, 11:19 PM
Depending on what your catching that could be very expensive fish....
Like crappie or sunfish. I would guess

Carptain_Bao
04-25-2013, 12:13 AM
Not so much if you catch a 10 catfish limit over 50lbs which is very possible during the catfish season.

JAG107
04-25-2013, 08:53 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe you can keep 5 panfish on top of your 5 catfish/trout limit. All bass are C&R. Also, you are going to have a very hard time finding trout in the class that Irvine and a couple other local pay lakes stock in the socal area. I can pay $22 to go to DVL which is a "non pay lake" and not catch trout from my boat since they all seem to hang out in the area boaters are not allowed to fish, OR I can pay $34 including launch fee to go to Irvine and troll to my hearts content and most often catch a great limit of nice trout. You will also be hard pressed to find a better and knowledgable staff than that at Irvine. They really have their act together and for my (and a lot of other people's) money the Vine is a good bet all year long for a great fishing experience.

fish ful
04-26-2013, 12:49 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe you can keep 5 panfish on top of your 5 catfish/trout limit. All bass are C&R. Also, you are going to have a very hard time finding trout in the class that Irvine and a couple other local pay lakes stock in the socal area. I can pay $22 to go to DVL which is a "non pay lake" and not catch trout from my boat since they all seem to hang out in the area boaters are not allowed to fish, OR I can pay $34 including launch fee to go to Irvine and troll to my hearts content and most often catch a great limit of nice trout. You will also be hard pressed to find a better and knowledgable staff than that at Irvine. They really have their act together and for my (and a lot of other people's) money the Vine is a good bet all year long for a great fishing experience.

FISH LIMIT:
Trout/Catfish – Combined 5 fish total
Crappie/Bluegill – Combined 5 fish total
Sturgeon – 1
Bass – Catch and Release only
Carp – No limit
The Catch and Release of Trout or Catfish (unless over 20 lbs.) is strictly prohibited.
Any angler who catches a sturgeon or catfish over 20 lbs. will receive a complimentary gate admission if verified by an Irvine Lake Staff member and then is released successfully.
Over the limit is subject to a $5.00 additional charge per lb.
You may purchase a Second Limit pass for $17.00 adult/$6.00 per child 12 & under