PDA

View Full Version : Put boat in CROWLEY today

blacklab1
04-24-2013, 07:22 PM
I put my boat in CROWLEY today and cruised around checking out the fish finder. Water temp. Is 49 to 51.
I was seeing a lot of fish on the finder in the 5 to 10 foot depth in 25 feet of water on the outside edge of McGEE at 8:00AM.

Motoring back and forth from the marina to The poop barge on McGee the majority of the fish were in that same 5-10 foot depth with a few big boys sitting at 20' in the 35-40 foot deep areas.

The water level is probably a couple feet lower then last year at opener with the Crowley greenish murk with 3-4 foot visibility no algae.

Hope this helps out for Saturday

Sierra_Smitty
04-24-2013, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the 411...probably head up for a day to Crowley after the opening madness is over and things quiet down.

blacklab1
04-24-2013, 07:58 PM
I wanted my 10 year son to experience his first opener on Crowley along with a buddy of mine and his 10 year boy. It looks like the weather is going to be great. Today it was shorts and a t-shirt weather at 9:30AM

I got the hard part out of the way today by getting the boat in a slip and ready to go Saturday morning.

TheReelBubba
04-25-2013, 01:11 AM
saw the weather, today i took out a pair of pants from the duffel and added 2 pairs of shorts. bringing the lightweight boots instead of the heavy snow boots. have fun on crowley! smart launchin the boat early, that place is a zoo for the opener. hope you catch some lunks, im heading to bp res for the opener. ill wave as i pass by crowley tomorrow!

my snuggles
04-27-2013, 06:53 PM
We started our opener at Isabella on Wednesday morning and stayed at Johns place in Kernville and he has really great accomodations. (Fishing Magician). Fishing was greT if you like Crappie to 2 1/2 lbs. 4 of us got our limits on mini jigs with nuggets.
We then went to Pleasant Valley resivour and we caught a bunch of dinner size which we burned up last night. While there we ran into Bob (trout only) who was in a bad situation that I will let him explain if he wants everyone to know.
We did our opener today at Crowley and it was limits all around to 3 lbs. Was the warmest opener in 30 years.shorts and tee shirts at 9 am.it was crowded you could walk from boat to boat but everyone got fish.

cutbait
04-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Post the pics snuggie..

I know you have one....thanks for helping the old man out