PDA

View Full Version : Bowfishing Big Bear

snapshot
04-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Heading up today just to see what it's like since the last time Skyler posted about it. I will be hitting up the walkway at Stanfield marsh, Boulder bay and whatever else looks good as I drive around the lake. If you guys have any other suggestions on spots please do tell. Ill be posting some pics if I get anything. Shoot, I'll probably post some even if we don't.

Skyler
04-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Heading up today just to see what it's like since the last time Skyler posted about it. I will be hitting up the walkway at Stanfield marsh, Boulder bay and whatever else looks good as I drive around the lake. If you guys have any other suggestions on spots please do tell. Ill be posting some pics if I get anything. Shoot, I'll probably post some even if we don't.

Windy point and grout bay offer some good shots in the morning. Just be aware that the Grout bay picnic area is currently closed to all foot traffic due to bald eagle nesting areas. In the evening, there can be really good shooting in the cove by Meadow Park, but it's hit and miss (no pun intended). Stanfield is probably your best bet. However, with the low water levels right now, all the good weed beds aren't submerged. Let us know how you do. I'll be heading up again on Saturday.

snapshot
04-25-2013, 01:38 AM
Stuck around Stanfield most of the day. Got there a little late but there was a school of about 10-15 of em hanging around the boardwalk. Only got a few shots at them but they take too long to re-surface. Shot at a few on the BBL side of the cutoff but my rust hadn't worn off yet. Also looked around to no avail for a spot a local told me about called eagle point. Might have had better luck if I had gotten up there earlier. Oh well, next week I'll give Elsinore a shot.