PDA

View Full Version : Kern River and Isabella Lake

Fishin Magician
04-24-2013, 07:56 AM
The Kern has been great lately with limits easy thanks to weekly stocking of trout. Both bait and artificials have been producing fish. Flows are rising and the water is a little offcolor. Because of this brighter colors are working better.
Lake Isabella is really coming on. Trouting is good thanks to recent stockings for the derby. Bait fishermen and trollers are scoring. With the lower water levels boaters need to watch for hazards. Crappie are moving up and in good numbers. Paradise Cove, French Gulch, Piney point have been fishing well from shore. Boaters have The advantage of fishing the trees thanks to the lower lake level. Just keep moving till you find them and it's on. I would expect it to go wide open in the next week with the excellent warm weather. Catfish and bass are picking up too. The bass should be in pre-spawn mode right now.

661Bass'n
04-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the report, I was just thinking of taking trip up and camping. I assume the launches are good to launch boats...you have any insight on that???

thanks,

Alex

flytyingreloader
04-24-2013, 08:09 PM
I might roll up that way tomorrow, F/M. Gotta renew the boat permit and test-run the monster after its winter hibernation. I almost opted for the salt, but what the heck--go local, avoid SD commuter gridlock, and maybe exercise a few feesh. I know they've been missing me.

Fishin Magician
04-25-2013, 06:40 AM
Late breaking News! Two FNN'ers fished yesterday (wednesday) and reported wide open crappie. 60 to 100 fish days with a few monsters mixed in. Excellent weather for the next 10 days with light winds for the next 3 days.

cambofisher
04-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the update FM. Since the cat is out of the bag. I'll just add that i've been gettin them pretty good the past 2 weekends with limits of fish from 1-3lbs. We were catching them on power minnows under a bobber. It's that time of the year to go and get into some wo bite at Isabella so go gettem guys.

Bassnman Mike
04-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the report, I was just thinking of taking trip up and camping. I assume the launches are good to launch boats...you have any insight on that???

thanks,

Alex

The water level is low but the ramp at South Fork and the Auxillary Dam are fine, both have floating docks. Me personally, I prefer the one at the Auxillary dam because when the wind picks up its alot easier to recover because its protected from the wind.

Bassnman Mike
04-26-2013, 08:00 AM
I might roll up that way tomorrow, F/M. Gotta renew the boat permit and test-run the monster after its winter hibernation. I almost opted for the salt, but what the heck--go local, avoid SD commuter gridlock, and maybe exercise a few feesh. I know they've been missing me.

A trip over to Isabella will be worth it right now. The crappie are biting VERY good!

MarkyMark
05-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Wow!! Been watching this thread & haven't logged on in a week..now this news..great!!

MM