PDA

View Full Version : Great Stuff, Prices Not so Much!

bassoholic
04-23-2013, 07:54 AM
I always enjoy looking at all the stuff for sale in this section. A little piece of advice for people selling items, do some actual research and see what your item(s)are actually selling for. I love it when I see someone selling something for the same price I can buy a new one for. I understand you want to get top dollar for your merchandise, but do you actually think you are going to sell it for that price? I don't get it. A ton of stuff I would love to have on here but I might as well go buy a new one for the prices being offerred. There are a lot of people on this site and A LOT of people that monitor this section. If you are offering a good price for your product, you will generally sell it in a day or two. If not, maybe you should re-evaluate your listing price. On a side note, some great deals come across the board but I'm always to slow to respond!! Just my two cents!

skunked4life
04-23-2013, 08:31 AM
I have to agree! Alot of times, discontinued products, like shimano stuff, are being offered at around 20% off of retail when the big box stores are selling them brand new for even less. From the seller's perspective, top dollar is what i want, but if i put an item up for such a price, i wouldn't repost "ttt" or "bump" it every week and wonder why it doesn't sell. i would rather buy from an FNN member and that member get some decent money while i save some bucks than go somewhere else.

I have bought from the forum and have gotten tremendous deals but lately, buying new seems easier since the big box guys ship to your door. Good luck everyone and hope nobody takes these posts the wrong way.

seal
04-23-2013, 08:57 AM
They know what their doing, it's all about finding a sucker!

DarkShadow
04-23-2013, 09:42 AM
They know what their doing, it's all about finding a sucker!

Caveat emptor my friend!

BTW, I've got a 1973 AMC Gremlin for sale.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4707/amcgremlin03.jpg

As you can see, it's been 'super tuned,' and the paint job is one of a kind.

Asking $87k. No low ballers.

seal
04-23-2013, 10:45 AM
Caveat emptor my friend!

BTW, I've got a 1973 AMC Gremlin for sale.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4707/amcgremlin03.jpg

As you can see, it's been 'super tuned,' and the paint job is one of a kind.

Asking $87k. No low ballers.

Super tuned, lol!!!!!

DarkShadow
04-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Super tuned, lol!!!!!

You know....I stick some new $7 bearings in there, polish some pinions, and up the MSRP another 100 bucks. :Cool:

You interested in the Gremlin? It's 'like new,' which as you know is another term thrown around in the Classifieds, which means it only has 459,024 miles on it.

bassoholic
04-23-2013, 01:50 PM
You know....I stick some new $7 bearings in there, polish some pinions, and up the MSRP another 100 bucks. :Cool:

You interested in the Gremlin? It's 'like new,' which as you know is another term thrown around in the Classifieds, which means it only has 459,024 miles on it.

LOL, and this is precisely my point. Buyer taking all the risk for the "Like New" product thats 10% off newly purchased price.............as they say on ESPN, C'mon mannnnnnnnn!!

DarkShadow
04-23-2013, 02:41 PM
LOL, and this is precisely my point. Buyer taking all the risk for the "Like New" product thats 10% off newly purchased price.............as they say on ESPN, C'mon mannnnnnnnn!!

I bought a Core once, where the seller described it as "like new," and knowing it was made out of magnesium, i asked the infamous, "has it touched salt water?"

"OH NOOOOO...i only use it in the fresh."

So, I get it, and I should've inspected it closely, because as it turns out, the drag was shot to all hell. No worries, I send it to Shimano, (that's a second story in itself), and after a month of trying to fix it, they gave up and sent me out a brand new one, along with a nice little note that said,

"Try not to use the Core in saltwater. We found a lot of corrosion inside the one you sent us."

No wonder I got such a great deal.

Xtreme_Tuber
04-23-2013, 04:46 PM
True but then the buyer could always PM the seller and get a price break ;)

xjdesertfox
04-23-2013, 05:20 PM
I bought a Core once, where the seller described it as "like new," and knowing it was made out of magnesium, i asked the infamous, "has it touched salt water?"

"OH NOOOOO...i only use it in the fresh."

So, I get it, and I should've inspected it closely, because as it turns out, the drag was shot to all hell. No worries, I send it to Shimano, (that's a second story in itself), and after a month of trying to fix it, they gave up and sent me out a brand new one, along with a nice little note that said,

"Try not to use the Core in saltwater. We found a lot of corrosion inside the one you sent us."

No wonder I got such a great deal.

I dont know why shimano would say that, considering right there on their website it says that the core is approved for use in the salt.

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/products/reels/low_profile_baitcasting/core.html

Ultra-Lightweight Magnesium Frame and Sideplate (CORE50 &51MG7) has Graphite side plates)
Ultra-Lightweight A7075 Aluminum Spool Construction
Magnumlite Spool Design
S A-RB Ball Bearings
A-RB Roller Bearing
High Efficiency Gearing (HEG)
Super Stopper
Super Free (SF)
Variable Brake System (VBS)
Reduced Mass VBS Hub
Escape Hatch
Dartainium Drag
Cold Forged Aluminum Drag Star
Clicking Drag Adjustment
Aluminum Cast Control Knob
Rubber Shielded Cast Control Knob
Tapered Ti Levelwind Insert
Cold Forged Aluminum Handle Shank
Drilled Handle Shank
Septon Handle Grips
Recessed Reel Foot
High Speed 6.2:1 Gear Ratio (CORE100MG Only)
Lightweight Aluminum Drive Gear
Paddle Grips (CORE100MG Only)
Super High Speed 7.0:1 Gear Ratio (CORE100MG7 & CORE50/51MG7)
Heavy Duty Brass Drive Gear (CORE100MG7 Only)
PV Power Grips (CORE100MG7 Only)
1/8 Turn Easy Access Attached Sideplate (CORE50/51MG Only)
Approved for use in Saltwater
Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines

Stormcrow
04-23-2013, 06:02 PM
I don't know....I listed my 3 year old (FORMERLY) top of the line Lowrance LCX28cHD which was absolutely mint and did not get one offer here.....Yet I sold it on C.L. in 3 days for my asking price. This board is not as huge of a consumer pool as you think it is.

DarkShadow
04-24-2013, 08:44 AM
I dont know why shimano would say that, considering right there on their website it says that the core is approved for use in the salt.

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/products/reels/low_profile_baitcasting/core.html

Shimano has also stated that their previous generation Chronarch MGs were also 'saltwater safe.'

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/483/wmch50mgframe009.jpg

Then they started receiving reports of corrosion damage.

My Core 100 didn't have corrosion, just a bunch of rust developing. Bearings, level winds, gears, etc. After putting a few drops of the Shimano oil on the bearings, you could see the oil get a reddish color to it immediately.

Apparently you need to wash your reels off if you fish in the salt, go figure.

This board is not as huge of a consumer pool as you think it is.

You in the market for a Gremlin? It's 'like new.'

bassoholic
05-09-2013, 12:00 PM
You people and your prices.............drives me fricken nuts! Everyone is looking for a deal but asking top dollar for your gear is embarrassing!! The buyer is taking all the risk.........posting no pictures is even better. Some of you people are dumb....lol. I'm going to paypal you $300 bucks for a reel you can't even post a picture of......Sweet fancy Moses!!

BassinChef
05-09-2013, 01:32 PM
My favorite is when you set a price say like $50 which would be way below the retail of an item and you get the " I have $25 right now will you take it" pm's

gogreeenz4
05-09-2013, 02:01 PM
My favorite is when you set a price say like $50 which would be way below the retail of an item and you get the " I have $25 right now will you take it" pm's

this is why people set prices so high hahahaha you set them high low ballers low ball and little do they know they just offered you what you wanted..Gotta love it right?? its a double edged sword