PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Stuff to buy

A W Root Beer
04-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Hi,

I don't understand that fish grabber. I always using a net. Do You need two hands to operate. I don't understand how they open. What brand and where to buy.

I just bought a pair of waders. What happens when you fall over. Do you fill up the pants and isn't that dangerous. Do you end up in Ensenada?

what is that metal clip you are holding the fish with in the picture. Is that better than a piece of rope.

Finally, I need a jacket to wear. What kind. Is there Simms or other fishing jacket that is best?

Root Beer

PTN
04-22-2013, 11:20 PM
Most fish grippers can be operated by one hand. Check this video out and it shows you how this basic and one of the most popular ones work. There's plenty of brands to buy and you just got to see which one you like. I have the orange "Fish Grip". It's one of the cheaper ones and good for salt water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpHMOCvnat8

As for waders, many guys will wear belts in case they do fall over into a hole and get pulled out. It keeps the water from filling in the waders so quick and many guys will keep a knife on them in case it happens. There was someone whose tested it out that I read and he was fine when his waders filled up. He was just really wet and his waders suit looked like he was michelin man.

For the jacket, I'd suggest a windbreaker of any kind. I think most windbreakers are waterproof and keep you warm if the wind is up. There are some brand name ones out there like Simm or Columbia. I just have a Nike windbreaker.

-Peter