PDA

View Full Version : Can't Wait Mammoth Opener 2013

KidTrout
04-22-2013, 09:55 PM
I have been going up there since I Emma's little for the opener every year and I can't wait! I head up there Friday morning and hit the sand traps for a good 30+ fish and get ready for the opener. Then I head up to the hotel in mammoth and check out some lakes on the way up. I hear its going to be an awesome year for the big ones so I'm looking forward to a stringer of 4lbs at least plus. I love fishing up there because you catch so many you get bored. Also looking forward to the ice fishing since I only do it once a year. I will be hitting up Convict, Silver, Little Virginia, and other lakes as well. Can't wait! I slay them on trout teasers.

TheReelBubba
04-23-2013, 01:29 AM
your stringer should have 1 and the rest should be right back in the water =) you get bored catching? where are you going to icefish? right now big virg has 1 floating piece of ice, lil virg is wide open. heading to green? thats the only place i havnt heard reports on. hope you have a rad trip. ill be up there with ya. starting at p meadows depending on flow and clarity and workin my way down. be safe and take pics buddy!

KidTrout
04-23-2013, 09:08 AM
your stringer should have 1 and the rest should be right back in the water =) you get bored catching? where are you going to icefish? right now big virg has 1 floating piece of ice, lil virg is wide open. heading to green? thats the only place i havnt heard reports on. hope you have a rad trip. ill be up there with ya. starting at p meadows depending on flow and clarity and workin my way down. be safe and take pics buddy!

Yea I only keep it if its at least 3 or 4 lbs or bigger. I let all the rest go. Really no ice on little Virginia? Guess no ice fishing for my first year ever? I will see when I get up. I will take lots of pics.