PDA

View Full Version : First post. Two legals. 4/20/13

SkunkMast3r
04-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Hi everyone this is my fist time posting on this website. I ran into a couple of fisherman before and they have told me about the helpful information on this site, so I decided to give it a try. Went fishing on 4/20/13 with my brother and a friend. We fished at my favorite location from 6am till noon. Today there was calm swells, light winds, and cloudy with some sunshine. We caught over 20 shorts, couple bat rays, and 2 legals. I caught a 27" and my brother caught a 24". There was quite a few people fishing but we only saw shorts being caught. Good luck out there!

fish4life
04-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Now that's a fishing trip! That is pretty awesome that both you and your bro caught a legal hali ,now you just have to brag about which legal halibut was bigger hahaha. What did those bad boys hit the LC or swimbait?

murrieta angler
04-22-2013, 05:05 PM
First Off,
Welcome to the site, lots of helpful people on here who are willing to help out.
Second,
Nice numbers and 2 legals to boot...:Wink:
This year is turning out to be a good one from the shore.
Keep it up,
Robert
<><

SkunkMast3r
04-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Now that's a fishing trip! That is pretty awesome that both you and your bro caught a legal hali ,now you just have to brag about which legal halibut was bigger hahaha. What did those bad boys hit the LC or swimbait?

Thanks fish4life,
My brother used swimbaits and I drop shot with jerk baits. Good luck!

PTN
04-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Wow, that's a great fishing session. You guys got quantity and quality! Welcome to FNN and thanks for the report! Congrats!

-Peter

bachiboy
04-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Welcome to the boards and, more importantly, congrats on some GREAT fishing! Like Peter said, quantity and quality...awesome job out there. Looking forward to hearing about more of your sessions soon!

Don

SkunkMast3r
04-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Hey thanks thanks for the warm welcome. It was definitely a great fishing day and good to be out on the water. As I've seen on the other posts, this year is off to a good start and picking up real good recently. "SWAT" had just been killing it out there! I go fishing just about every week so expect more reports on the way :Big Grin:

dlmoo312
04-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Awesome session! 20+ halibut with two legals in the mix is a major accomplishment:Thumbs Up:
Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your future reports

-Daniel

SP Dan
04-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Hi ya SkunkMast3r,

Welcome to FNN!

Congratulations on such an epic session......(2) legals + a basket full of many others! WTG!

SP Dan <"))><

onekrzyboi
04-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Welcome to FNN SkunkMast3r.

2 legals as your first post... if I waited for that, my first post would probably be in 3 years. Nice catch and thanks for sharing with the community! Hope to see you out on the water one day and WTG with those legals! :Thumbs Up:

-Danny

Wingnut
04-23-2013, 02:26 PM
I see you figured out how to post a report. :Wink:
Welcome to FNN and congrats on the nice pair of legals. :Cool:

Sonnyyy
04-23-2013, 02:28 PM
welcome! wow i am jealous! i cant wait to hit the beach!!!

SkunkMast3r
04-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Welcome to FNN SkunkMast3r.

2 legals as your first post... if I waited for that, my first post would probably be in 3 years. Nice catch and thanks for sharing with the community! Hope to see you out on the water one day and WTG with those legals! :Thumbs Up:

-Danny

Haha thanks! My brother and I have had quite a bit of success with legals almost every time :Big Grin: Too bad I don't have pictures of previous trips because if haven't started posting yet. With hard work and determination you'll get them in no time. Hope to see you out there!

SkunkMast3r
04-24-2013, 03:02 PM
I see you figured out how to post a report. :Wink:
Welcome to FNN and congrats on the nice pair of legals. :Cool:

Thanks. Haha yeah I was looking thru my email and found the confirmation email in my spam mail. Thanks for the help!

bloox8
04-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Welcome to the board!
Catching 20 shorts on top of 2 legals must've been a helluva session :Big Grin: WTG!
Get out there and catch some more! Thanks for the report

Thien