PDA

View Full Version : 420 I think the fish were blazing

BaitnCatch
04-22-2013, 09:46 AM
First trip after taking the 101 class with T/O and fixing my boat that was sitting in the backyard for last six months.
Weather: Pleasant with occasional wind.
Fish count: 6 stripped 1 green
Method: Troll and bait
Casualties!!!: 1 U rig
So my buddy and I started trolling the channel at 7 for a good part of the morning for nada. Then we decided to go find some active fish for bait. On our way out to main lake we saw Phil ‘Fishin With Phil” who needed a hand with his anchor so we stopped and reeled in our troll rigs and on the retrieve my buddy got hooked and I am thinking Poseidon is rewarding us for doing good until we pulled the fish out and it’s a little green fish :mad:. anyways Phil gave us some fresh bait and we went to the bait area and started using my carefully frozen sardines that I caught with sabiki rigs from Redondo pier like two months ago and within 5 minutes we had our first fish. After that every 15-20 minutes we had a fish until we ran out of my sardines and started using frozen sardine that we bought in the morning and the bit just stopped even the fresh bait that Phil gave us didn’t yield much so we changed our spot and still zip.
After an hour wait and few misses we left the area and trolled unknown territories that caused the loss of my U rig and at that point I just didn’t feel like fishing anymore because wherever we went we didn’t see any activity anymore so we called it at 3 and headed back home.
Overall it was not bad considering it was the weekend and it was my first “unguided” stripper hunt. And I think I am ready for taking the 102 class.

cutbait
04-22-2013, 10:07 AM
It only gets better from here!

flyhigh123
04-22-2013, 10:22 AM
glad to see you picked up a few! i didn't make it out this weekend, but for sure next weekend!

Fishin With Phil
04-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Thanks again for the help Robert. Can't believe my anchor bent in half! You saved me lots of $!

Nice color on that smallie.

No good for me, one striper that my dog didn't wanna leave alone.

After he jumped in and tried swimmin after the fish on the stringer, I decided to let it go.

Need to get a cooler.

Kept meterin fish at my spot, but these damn pyramid fish are picky! Didn't really want the fresh macs. Need to hoard some dines.

Nice meetin ya.

BaitnCatch
04-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Thanks guys,

@Phil ya man that bent anchor was something right, I was surprised that the line didnt brake !!!

flyhigh123
04-23-2013, 01:32 PM
walmart has a good deal on coolers