PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 4/21

P.A.W.
04-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Well I trolled all over again. Water 63* in the deep end and level down a bit. Got a few dinks again mid-bouy line 75 feet of water and my rigs at 45 and 60 feet. Tough going. Some observations....
Algae is starting to bloom and moss is taking hold on the bottom
I noticed trout venturing out into the open water. They were jumping near my boat by the bouys in the morning
Word is they are getting ready to bluestone, but not sure yet exactly when
I just might take this slow time to get my boat in for service. We'll see

Hardcor
04-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Well I trolled all over again. Water 63* in the deep end and level down a bit. Got a few dinks again mid-bouy line 75 feet of water and my rigs at 45 and 60 feet. Tough going. Some observations....
Algae is starting to bloom and moss is taking hold on the bottom
I noticed trout venturing out into the open water. They were jumping near my boat by the bouys in the morning
Word is they are getting ready to bluestone, but not sure yet exactly when
I just might take this slow time to get my boat in for service. We'll see

Thank's for the report P.A.W. DVL has the bloom going on right now too. The water was 67 * the Stripers were at 120 feet. I got the big Zero on the Stripers. All I could find was little balls of shad scattered.

It's gonna force me into dodeling the worm for the green kind. I hate dodedling the worm !

P.A.W.
04-22-2013, 04:47 PM
That's one thing good about the green carp.... they don't dissapear for months at a time.

Tiffer
04-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Thank's for the report P.A.W. DVL has the bloom going on right now too. The water was 67 * the Stripers were at 120 feet. I got the big Zero on the Stripers. All I could find was little balls of shad scattered.

It's gonna force me into dodeling the worm for the green kind. I hate dodedling the worm !
Does anyone know if this algea is the toxic blue green kind that is killing off fish in other lakes????
Went there yesterday(fished from shore(and its so thick (all around the whole shore fishing areas)you can't pull up anything but slime and junk.Managed to catch two 2 pound LM bass,but the green stuff is totally horrible!!!!:EyePop: