PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake Jig ACTION with some SWEET underwater shots on the GOPRO

Calicanuck
04-21-2013, 01:33 AM
I was up at Big Bear Lake the past weekend and it seems to be the tail end of the spawn. Things are kind of thinning out. Some people were fishing, but I didn't see many fish caught. I think I was having the best luck on mini jigs close to shore. Check out this Video Report and tips for the new Jig fisherman, I made from my day fishing. I got some nice underwater shots with lots of underwater footage. I'll Have to make another video because even caught some trout doing the spawning shake. Will post once I've went through the hours of footage. Ended up landing 4 nice bows and losing a few more near shore.

I also had a slip bobber out with a night crawler for nothing all day. Quite strange since I usually do well this way.

http://youtu.be/F-DuqY5EDi0

Calicanuck.

dkinla
04-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Wow! Thx again for posting up another great instructional video! The underwater footage is cool.

Your last post about the slip bobber technique was fantastic.

Wonder why u didn't get any action on your slip bobber rig this time out?

diamondbear
04-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Another great video , You seem to have the trout dialed in at Big Bear lk. Jig fishing is alot of fun and being up in the mnts. fishing is what its all about , ha . I was up there today trolling and slayedem . Great post as ALWAYS , thanks for sharing .// db

Cowboy Hookup
04-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Thumbs up on another report. Thanks for going out of your way to make these great vids, from the mountains to the seas. Appreciate you sharing the knowledge. Keep postin!

Calicanuck
04-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Thumbs up on another report. Thanks for going out of your way to make these great vids, from the mountains to the seas. Appreciate you sharing the knowledge. Keep postin!

No Problem, glad you guys like it. From my perspective I've been doing this fishing thing so long it began to need a new flavor. So now my interest is catching the action on camera, which is more challenging than just catching the fish. I seem to have the catching part down most days, haha.

fishermanx14
04-21-2013, 05:19 PM
will all thoes fish eating the eggs from the female you should have tried a weighless or splitshotted salmon egg...i never knew trout did that

trail blazer
04-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Nicee! Usually I don't reply to any trout posts,,no offence intended just not my thing any more HOWEVER,,Anybody that goes through the trouble to VIDEO and then use it to help others catch more fish ,,,,,,,,THAT ,,My friend is a commendable thing,,,,KUDOS! to you.,,,,,TRAIL BLAZER

Calicanuck
04-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Nicee! Usually I don't reply to any trout posts,,no offence intended just not my thing any more HOWEVER,,Anybody that goes through the trouble to VIDEO and then use it to help others catch more fish ,,,,,,,,THAT ,,My friend is a commendable thing,,,,KUDOS! to you.,,,,,TRAIL BLAZER

Thank you very much for the kind words.

will all thoes fish eating the eggs from the female you should have tried a weighless or splitshotted salmon egg...i never knew trout did that

Yeah the trout love eggs. Actually if you get a very small trebble or egg hook and put a few of the eggs on, hang it from a float or let it slowly fall when some trout are swimming by you will likely get hit. The actual fresh spawn from a fish you catch works the best. I see people fish this way but I usually do just as well on jigs, even better sometimes.

carpanglerdude
04-21-2013, 09:58 PM
That's a lot of trout, nice!

bowler
04-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Good job on the trout. The jig for trout I have been doing that for a few years in big bear so that is no new thing for that lake. I was up there over the weekend too. I did not get any trout on a crappie jig but I did get two bass and 30 crappie on the crappie jig.

GhettoBasster
04-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Awesome shots! Thanks.