PDA

View Full Version : what worm colors or jig work best at perris.

naamele
04-20-2013, 10:39 PM
I usually fish dvl but I also liie perris but just cant figure this lake out planning on going tomorrow and was wondering what colors work for this lake. Appreciate your help.

peterng0
04-20-2013, 10:45 PM
I just fished it on Friday, water temps dropped almost 10 degrees from last week so fish weren't as active. I usually do well using green w/ red flake or purple.

Good luck!

Stinkbait
04-20-2013, 10:47 PM
A guaranteed is the robo green weeny with purple vein and red flake. Also pretty much any purple, darker with stained water.

naamele
04-20-2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks I am going have to dig for the dark robos tonight .preciate. the help.

Socal Bassman
04-21-2013, 02:44 AM
I was thinking of hitting up Perris on shore in the morning, but seeing as I'm still up... Maybe. Lol Anyway, I usually do good on dark colored robos in the morning or when it's overcast. Then switch to a green weenie, watermelon, or other natural colors as the sun come out.

Jig Master
04-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Ive been fishing perris lake the last 3 days with decent success. mainly been getting bit on 4-6inch hologram shad or roboworms fishing an extremely light drop shot weight and keeping my pattern retrieve at minimal speed and subtle ticking action. ox blood has been picking up a few here and there when the sun rises high in the sky column. mainly been relying on the 6-10 mph winds to keep the bass more active and feeding more. i leave the lake when the wind dies mid day causes it makes fishing more tuff. i get back on the water after i eat and relax around 4.

fishmounter
04-21-2013, 08:04 PM
I agree with Jig Master. Small curly tail or straight Roboworms in "Hologram Shad" are awesome at Perris. I also have done very well with "Bold Bluegill" If you can find small 3 and 4 inch Reaper type worms in the old "Salt & Pepper" color, these are also a really good LP color that have worked great for me. When I bass fish at Perris, there's two main baits that I use. One is a curly-tail Roboworm in Hologram shad and Bold Bluegill, the other one is... my secret.

naamele
04-22-2013, 12:45 AM
I see the perris anglers are not stingy about info thanks guys for all the help .. I am not going to lie and say I went to fish perris my sevem year old son wanted to roll amd had to make sure I put him on some bass so decided to hit up dvl in my experience fishing it just such a easier lake to learn for me but I will fish perris soon and use all the advice thanks again. If I am on the water you cant miss my small aluminium boat with the shark teeth and red and white colors.