PDA

View Full Version : gregory

TTT
04-20-2013, 10:36 AM
should of put this up yesterday but I had other things to do. anyways had some leftover night crawlers from my trip. so I went up to gregory. very nice up there with little people where i was. fishing for trout and caught one bass. 15-15 1/2 inches long.sorry no pics.but from what i seen only me and the guy to my left caught fish.didn't stay long either due to the fact I had a lot to due yesterday. had to let him go.hopefully next time he'll bring some of his trout cousins. also found that its painful driving your knee into the ground there too. so if any of you seen some bozo dropping his gear and cussin up a storm, that was me. question.what is a good powerbait color to use up there. does garlic or corn work? my go to color is usually yellow. got a line drop but that was a bout it.

jaggerbub
04-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Chartruse is probably the best color up there for me.

DaFish
04-26-2013, 12:32 PM
It depends on the year i think.
I had luck with Spring green and Rainbow with Anise.
Orange and Lime Twist, Chartreuse.

Good luck it is a relaxing lake to chill

SierraPeaks
04-26-2013, 01:21 PM
should of put this up yesterday but I had other things to do. anyways had some leftover night crawlers from my trip. so I went up to gregory. very nice up there with little people where i was. fishing for trout and caught one bass. 15-15 1/2 inches long.sorry no pics.but from what i seen only me and the guy to my left caught fish.didn't stay long either due to the fact I had a lot to due yesterday. had to let him go.hopefully next time he'll bring some of his trout cousins. also found that its painful driving your knee into the ground there too. so if any of you seen some bozo dropping his gear and cussin up a storm, that was me. question.what is a good powerbait color to use up there. does garlic or corn work? my go to color is usually yellow. got a line drop but that was a bout it.

Anything bright. Corn doesn't do well here for some reason though. Dunked...rolled in dust...doesn't matter. Corn just isn't the ticket. I've heard some cats have been caught on corn PB though.

CraigH
04-26-2013, 03:47 PM
They were hitting real good last year on old powerbait. I had a couple of jars of the old, lists a color but no flavor, glass jar, yellow metal lid powerbait. As in "red power bait", "orange power bait", "yellow power bait". I found the jars in an old tackle box when I cleaned out the garage.

seal
04-26-2013, 04:23 PM
The browns like fly's, no stinky puddy needed!

Troutin Man
04-26-2013, 11:27 PM

If using a spinning reel with a fly, oes the water bubble with fly work?

Thanks.

Tubbytuba
04-27-2013, 09:02 PM

had a slew of trout in multiple species there yesterday, all on flies. the best bait on earth (in fresh water) is an inflated night crawler. i swear it will catch anything, and in that lake it can mean a catfish, bluegill, crappie, trout... buy a worm blower, short 2lb leader, 1/4 ounce sinker and tighten you line, but not too tight, just a bit of slack, enough for you to see a pick up but not enough for them to feel. browns might hit it too, probably not by now. stay away from PB, its dirtier and less effective.

Good Hunting

TROUTMAN2007
04-30-2013, 08:11 AM
had a slew of trout in multiple species there yesterday, all on flies. the best bait on earth (in fresh water) is an inflated night crawler. i swear it will catch anything, and in that lake it can mean a catfish, bluegill, crappie, trout... buy a worm blower, short 2lb leader, 1/4 ounce sinker and tighten you line, but not too tight, just a bit of slack, enough for you to see a pick up but not enough for them to feel. browns might hit it too, probably not by now. stay away from PB, its dirtier and less effective.

Good Hunting

I fished there Saturday morning and I caught several rainbows and 1 brown using crawlers.

seal
04-30-2013, 09:02 AM
If using a spinning reel with a fly, oes the water bubble with fly work?

Thanks.

Friend of mine from Crestline uses the fly and bubble deal a lot, yes it works, watch for them rising and feeding underneath overhangs around the lake early and late.

seal
04-30-2013, 09:03 AM

Good Hunting

Yes garden hackle works wonders but certainly not as fun as a skinny stick!