PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Bay Leopard Sharks 4-17 ( video )

Hardcor
04-19-2013, 09:23 AM
My brother and I started the day at the IB pipe, He was getting queasy so I went into the bay and set up for Leopard Sharks. You have to weed through a bunch of different kinds of Rays and Sharks before you get to the elusive Leopard Shark. We get five Leopard sharks,12 male Shovelnose guitarfish, 12 California Butterfly Rays,10 Brown Smoothhound Sharks, 8 Bat Rays and 10 Spotted Bay Bass. All the fish were released using a 30 inch rubber Promar net made for catch and release. All the fish were caught on 8 pound line and fresh live cut up Sardines. We use a no. 2 circle hook set up Texas rig style. All the fish were released unharmed !

http://youtu.be/IT2ah3UQGMQ

bachiboy
04-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Always get a kick outta your videos! Good times...thanks for sharing!!!

Don

trail blazer
04-19-2013, 02:27 PM
WOW!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thats 57 fish in one day,,,,,,,,,,AWSOME!,,,,,,,,,,,,BADTODABONEEEEEEE! ,,TRAIL BLAZER

TroutOnly
04-19-2013, 03:09 PM
MAN CORY YOU AND DICKIE TORE THEM SHARKS A NEW ONE,,,,,,,,,THATS THE KINDA BEAT DOWN THE BAKO-BOYS NEED PUT ON THEM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,

murrieta angler
04-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Outstanding job guys! :Big Grin:
"57" was looking out for you two that day....:Wink:
I learned me something new as well. I did not know that those were male shovels & had 2 peckers...:Surprised:
Another sweet video Corey,
Robert
<><

p.s. Why aint you over at The Coronados getting some YT's?!

PONTOON
04-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Very impressive numbers Cory.......Even more impressive, all on 8lb test!

Great video and Great job out there guys!

dlmoo312
04-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Nice variety of fish on light tackle:Thumbs Up:
Thanks for sharing!

-Daniel

Hardcor
04-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Always get a kick outta your videos! Good times...thanks for sharing!!!

Don

Thank you Don, I appreciate that !

WOW!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thats 57 fish in one day,,,,,,,,,,AWSOME!,,,,,,,,,,,,BADTODABONEEEEEEE! ,,TRAIL BLAZER

Thank you big guy, I hope we can fish together soon !

Outstanding job guys! :Big Grin:
"57" was looking out for you two that day....:Wink:
I learned me something new as well. I did not know that those were male shovels & had 2 peckers...:Surprised:
Another sweet video Corey,
Robert
<><

p.s. Why aint you over at The Coronados getting some YT's?!

In a month the big females will be in an I'm going for an all tackle world record Shovelnose Guitarfish, I'm calling it right now !

I'm out looking, there is nothing tight yet, lots of small packs of moving fish ! When it happends I become 90 % salt !

Very impressive numbers Cory.......Even more impressive, all on 8lb test!

Great video and Great job out there guys!

Thank you PONTOON ! I'll have some Bonefish video's coming in couple weeks !

Nice variety of fish on light tackle:Thumbs Up:
Thanks for sharing

-Daniel

You are doing really nice yourself Daniel, I expect you to pick up your game ! You have a lot of talent !

Hardcor
04-23-2013, 08:57 AM
MAN CORY YOU AND DICKIE TORE THEM SHARKS A NEW ONE,,,,,,,,,THATS THE KINDA BEAT DOWN THE BAKO-BOYS NEED PUT ON THEM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,

You are right Bob, Call me when you want to set the camera's up on your boat at Pyramid,anytime,any day ! Corey

Captwoody
04-23-2013, 05:21 PM
I fish the bay a lot and when I saw your video I new where I was going to take my new compact rig for a test drive. only had 2 hour on the water made the mistake of taking one rod with 6lb (useless I found out) and a 10 lb spinning rig.used 1/0 circle hooks sardine heads frozen from last year. forgot second anchor so I single pointed it.was not bent maybe 15 of the 120 minutes I was there. this trip was more to test drive rig a check mileage got 22mpg caught 3 shovelnose sharks,2 smooth hounds, a leopard and 1 spottie broke off 15+ fish. I was so stoked at the awesome action your video allowed me to participate in. the new rig is to supplement my F250 4x4 superduty diesel and 19 ft cc kencraft. same trip in kencraft-$55.00 in tracker/gregor $25.50= more trips
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/gallery/files/5/7/9/8/2013-04-21_11-04-41_429.jpg
I love all your videos and learn from every one thank you for sharing you turned a burn gas see how the tracker does to an awesome day of fishing and if you cant tell I am pumped on how good the day was-woody

Hardcor
04-27-2013, 10:04 AM
I fish the bay a lot and when I saw your video I new where I was going to take my new compact rig for a test drive. only had 2 hour on the water made the mistake of taking one rod with 6lb (useless I found out) and a 10 lb spinning rig.used 1/0 circle hooks sardine heads frozen from last year. forgot second anchor so I single pointed it.was not bent maybe 15 of the 120 minutes I was there. this trip was more to test drive rig a check mileage got 22mpg caught 3 shovelnose sharks,2 smooth hounds, a leopard and 1 spottie broke off 15+ fish. I was so stoked at the awesome action your video allowed me to participate in. the new rig is to supplement my F250 4x4 superduty diesel and 19 ft cc kencraft. same trip in kencraft-$55.00 in tracker/gregor $25.50= more trips
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/gallery/files/5/7/9/8/2013-04-21_11-04-41_429.jpg
I love all your videos and learn from every one thank you for sharing you turned a burn gas see how the tracker does to an awesome day of fishing and if you cant tell I am pumped on how good the day was-woody

Nice Day Captwoody ! Perfect boat for the bay ! Keep it up, Stay in touch !