PDA

View Full Version : A little problem

Perris_holic
04-17-2013, 07:31 PM
So I tied some 15 lb pp braid to a 10lb fc leader using a alberto knot. The problem is that the knot is getting caught on my smallest eyelet. I cut the tag ends all the way down and then took a lighter to the braid tag. Anyone have any suggestions? The rod is a phx s722 with a stradic fj 1000 if that matters.http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s676/Teeter1231/IMG_0583_zpse78a3354.jpg (http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/Teeter1231/media/IMG_0583_zpse78a3354.jpg.html)

Ifishtoolittle
04-17-2013, 07:39 PM
The albright is dead to me. I only use this one now. I've never had any breakage or problems with it. The video is in Japanese, but all you need to really know is that he wraps the spectra 10 times or so in one direction and another 10 in the opposite direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCuQF7hq260&list=PLDC5EB4CCDDC219EF&index=159

The problem with the Albright as you are already aware is that the mono tag end keeps getting caught in a rod's guides when you make a cast.

Perris_holic
04-17-2013, 07:58 PM
What is that knot in the video called?

Ifishtoolittle
04-17-2013, 08:03 PM
What is that knot in the video called?

It doesn't have a name lol! This guy just came up with it.

Perris_holic
04-17-2013, 08:09 PM
I started watching it while on mute and the game on in the background. Is that whole video about that one knot?

basscat pantera
04-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Hey perris_holic Iv'e been using the alberto knot (modified albright) for over a year with no problems at all.Bigest lmb was 8.78 lb with 10# seaguar kanzen braid with 6# invisix leader.I wrap my knot 8 times in each direction.I also use a finger saver to cinch the knot down.You can buy it from HI's Tackle.com for $8.99. My knot looks a lot more compact than yours.On google crome search alberto knot for fishing. It's posted from highsierrafly.blogspot.com Sorry I don't know how to post a link but I'm computer illerate,thats why I don"t post too much,Whats a fish report without knowing how to post pictures.

Frequent Flyer
04-17-2013, 08:46 PM
uni to uni, super simple and have never had it fail. There is also the Bob Sands Knot which is more complicated and i'm still trying to get it perfect, but it is much more cylindrical and slides through the guides with ease.

Perris_holic
04-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Lol that is a alberto knot that I tied

Ifishtoolittle
04-17-2013, 10:53 PM
I started watching it while on mute and the game on in the background. Is that whole video about that one knot?

Yes.................

Ifishtoolittle
04-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Oh, and you're welcome.

PTN
04-18-2013, 12:14 AM
The albright is dead to me. I only use this one now. I've never had any breakage or problems with it. The video is in Japanese, but all you need to really know is that he wraps the spectra 10 times or so in one direction and another 10 in the opposite direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCuQF7hq260&list=PLDC5EB4CCDDC219EF&index=159

The problem with the Albright as you are already aware is that the mono tag end keeps getting caught in a rod's guides when you make a cast.

My Japanese friend says it's called the No Name Knot or FZ Knot. He says a lot of the Japanese fishermen use it and especially for tuna fishing. He actually just showed me this today before I saw this post. The bump/knot where the line connects is a lot smaller than any knot I've tied for tying two lines together (usually use uni to uni). He told me that the knot has never failed for him when tied correctly.

-Peter

Ifishtoolittle
04-18-2013, 12:54 AM
My Japanese friend says it's called the No Name Knot or FZ Knot. He says a lot of the Japanese fishermen use it and especially for tuna fishing. He actually just showed me this today before I saw this post. The bump/knot where the line connects is a lot smaller than any knot I've tied for tying two lines together (usually use uni to uni). He told me that the knot has never failed for him when tied correctly.

-Peter

lol Google translate says "No name knot" also! I only use this knot now for my spectra to mono/fluoro connections, and it's ridiculously strong and smooth.

Perris_holic
04-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks for all the info

skunked4life
04-18-2013, 04:39 PM

-Peter

Sounds like Miyagi:

"When do right, no can defense." What happened in part 2? Crane kick failed. :LOL:

Seriously though, that looks like a great knot. Why not (no pun intended) just go straight braid?

Perris_holic
04-18-2013, 06:53 PM
I thought about that too. But I wanted to put the leader on to get use to the no stretch factor to make sure I dont snap my light action rod on a hookset.

rocketsurgeon
04-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Red Philips knot works great, very small, fresh or salt water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAbXaGYaaIo

Perris_holic
04-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Thanks im going to try out this knot today