PDA

View Full Version : late report 4/13 Carlsbad

flatfish
04-16-2013, 07:35 PM
got up Saturday morning with good intentions of mowing the lawn but the grass was to wet, so i decided to hit the surf.

local- cannon drive just south of the warm water jetty

equipment- 8' allstar inshore series rod ( old school )
calcutta 400 #30 power pro (old school )
Lure- LC ms anchovie

Knot- Sandiego Jam

started fishing right next to the warm water jetty ( power plant outlet, they use the water to cool the generators ) the spot is popular with surfers because of the outside break. Threw the LC for about an hour with no strikes so decided to head south about 30 yards from the jetty, a quality strike and fish on, about a 12 inch BSP to get rid of the skunk smell and about 10 minutes later another BSP much smaller in size. Continued south on the beach for about 30 yards when i felt a bunch of rocks under my feet thinking if i was a halibut i would like to hang out here where the rocks meet the sand, so i strated my fan cast and on the third cast ....fish on, starts to shake and know its the right kind but came up short 18". I continued to fish for the next hour and decided to hit the goon, fished under the bridge for about an hour for no takers. I think its still a little early at this AO for any quality spawners, the tail on the short showed no signs of bedding. I plan on heading out this weekend i'll keep all you fellow addicts posted.

This is my first post and i have really enjoyed coming home from work and reading all of your post, thanks for all the great tips.

Flatfish out.

PTN
04-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Great first report flatfish. Thanks for the read and looking forward to your posts.

-Peter

SP Dan
04-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi ya flatfish,

Welcome to the FNN site and family!

I'm certain that with your persistence Sir .... that Poseidon will have some very nice rewards in-store for you!
I'll be looking forward to your 1st legal Hali report!

Thanx for a great read with pic's!

SP Dan <"))><