PDA

View Full Version : 16 apr report.........what seemed like a great start, bone head fail.......

ben0606
04-16-2013, 02:52 PM
4th in line,2nd boat. On the water and straight to a spot I've been meaning to hit in a while. No luck, got blown around pretty good to where I had to move. Gun to 2nd spot and bam, bam, and bam. 3 in one spot. Next cove and bam, bam 2 more. Another here and another there. Bam number 8 boated. By 10 am I boated 8 and I'm feeling good like today is gonna be a blast. Time to move from my 2nd area, crank the motor, and I look at my gauges............wow I forgot to get gas :Dead Horse::Beat Stick::Slap:......why me!! No frigging way. I'm under E and decide to get to the marina which I make and fish a bit there. Lose a good one near the rocks cause I didn't set the hook well cause it felt like a heap of weeds but to my amaze a fat mouth comes out of the water and spits my hook. Time to leave.......

Water temp: 62.1 - 63.3
Line: 8lb fluro
Drop shot/ Texas rig
Watermelon senkos/morning dawn robos
8 large, all released no bigguns but healthy
1 trout

Easily would have been a double digit catch day but :Dead Horse:

Hawgs, good seeing ya hope you did better than me, I'm sure you did.

Ben

BassinChef
04-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Hey at least you got out and fished, well done.How bad was the wind?

5150fishn
04-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Good job out there Ben. Thanks for the report bro.

HawgZWylde
04-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Ben, it was great to see you out there. Man that wind was a pain in the ***. We did about the same minus the Trout. The water temps dropped dramatically in some of the spots we frequent. What was 68 on Friday, was 59 yesterday. The fish in those areas had lockjaw big time. We managed to pick some off here and there and my biggest was a 4-6. Caught all mine on jigs and Bill caught his on the D/S. I threw a spinner but didn't get bit. I had a couple of followers but no cigar. Friday I stuck a couple of blade fish but this wind and cold shut em down.

Good job in spite of the brain f*rt bro!

ben0606
04-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Hey at least you got out and fished, well done.How bad was the wind?

Thanks and your right it was great to be back at dvl again been a minute. Wind was to the point of being annoying early in the morning. Totally changed up my plan which worked out minus the gas thing

ben0606
04-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Good job out there Ben. Thanks for the report bro.

Thanks Dan, haven't seen u guys in a while, good times with those BBQs and good stories.

ben0606
04-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Ben, it was great to see you out there. Man that wind was a pain in the ***. We did about the same minus the Trout. The water temps dropped dramatically in some of the spots we frequent. What was 68 on Friday, was 59 yesterday. The fish in those areas had lockjaw big time. We managed to pick some off here and there and my biggest was a 4-6. Caught all mine on jigs and Bill caught his on the D/S. I threw a spinner but didn't get bit. I had a couple of followers but no cigar. Friday I stuck a couple of blade fish but this wind and cold shut em down.

Good job in spite of the brain f*rt bro!

Nice work on the 4-6, I'll be ready next week. I'm gonna get some gas this time and hit it right.