PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day

kayworks
04-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Getting some ideas. Promoting thoughts.

We normally just goto lower areas (Lone pine - Big Pine). Im wondering it's worth trip and the cold nights to following fishing hot spots:

Walkers (East/Little)(Bridgeport)
Bishop areas (Intake, Sabrina, PVR, ETC)
Convict Lake (Area)
Mammoth MT Area

Promoting Thoughts!

Sierra_Smitty
04-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Lone Pine to Independence opened up last month....and if you're only fishing Big Pine for the fishing opener, you're missing most of the good stuff. The E. Walker & PVR are open all year so spending opening day at either location isn't really a good use of travel time IMO.

All of the other areas you mentioned are awesome both from a scenic and angling standpoint. Head to the high country if you're already coming this far north!!!

Fish On!

lydnbob
04-14-2013, 08:57 PM
watch the weather...if its nice hit the upper twin and bridgeport res....if not stay down and hit pvr...either way just go

billy b
04-15-2013, 06:57 AM
When is the official opening of Lone Pine to Indepence area each year? I knew it was open ... but don't know how it's determined

THANKS

TroutOnly
04-15-2013, 07:06 AM
it normally opens the first sat of march concedes with the diaz lake trout derby they call it the early opener,,,,,,,,convict is a favorite of mine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

jimmy
04-15-2013, 11:21 AM
You can't go wrong with Crowley, Big body of water with the potential Big fish. I too like Convict. Weather will be key, but it has been lovely up here so far.

kayworks
04-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Lone Pine to Independence opened up last month....and if you're only fishing Big Pine for the fishing opener, you're missing most of the good stuff. The E. Walker & PVR are open all year so spending opening day at either location isn't really a good use of travel time IMO.

All of the other areas you mentioned are awesome both from a scenic and angling standpoint. Head to the high country if you're already coming this far north!!!

Fish On! It's been a while since I've seen your reports ;-) you information is welcome.. Ive been fishing "bootleg" areas on opening day for too Long(15+ Years) Goodale is getting Old LOL... I wanted to try something new.

kayworks
04-15-2013, 12:11 PM
You can't go wrong with Crowley, Big body of water with the potential Big fish. I too like Convict. Weather will be key, but it has been lovely up here so far.

Thanks for the information. We normally just pass Crowley and smile.. ;-) This might be the year!

kayworks
04-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Thanks Guys!!!

for the information...... ;-)

Crossing my fingers for the weather!