PDA

View Full Version : lbc with my little girl

FishinLBC
04-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Hit the surf with my daughter (her spring break is this week) to break in in my new set up for throwing lc's. Got to the spot around 10am to find a ton of guys on the jetty near where i planned to fish. The wind was blowing but not to bad to Work with, we set up two wait n bait rods and i worked a section of shore with an lc, with in an hour of working around a obvious hole i hooked up with a 18in hali (not bad for my first fish on an lc ).

After a couple more hours one of the donkey rigs were on hard, i let her jump on it and she being an accomplished trout angler she hammered in a nice sandy. We decided to pack up and walk around. She went and played in the shore break while i worked the shore, after an hour or so the wind kicked up and we headed out back to the truck.

Good day fishing on my new rig in the surf and a great day watching my 7 year old girl slamming bass, so proud :Smile:

Tubbytuba
04-12-2013, 05:39 PM
rock on bro, getting kids on fish is probably one of my favorite things ever. hope to hear about you and her ripping lips again:Big Grin:

the LBC was always a place i wanted to scout but i never get around to it.

Good Hunting

PTN
04-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Congrats on your first fish on the LC. Nice to get your daughter on a fish! What kind of new rig did you get? :Cool: Thanks for the report!

-Peter

murrieta angler
04-12-2013, 06:09 PM
DE JA VU Bro!
I had just finished reading an old report about my Son and I...:Big Grin:
You will never forget the good times and neither will she...:Cool:
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

bachiboy
04-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Wow! Great read man. Taking the kids out fishing is always an awesome thing. Glad you were able to pull on some fish to help make for a fun day for the both of you.

Thanks for sharing and congrats!!!
Don

FishinLBC
04-12-2013, 09:39 PM
I picked up a diawa heartland 9ft paired with a citica 200g6. Its a great set up for the price point. I was worried that a nine footer would be over kill but its nice to cast, those lc's go blasting out there.

Its kinda funny though i back Lashed because a forget to dial in the magnets and found out how stressful throwing twenty bucks in the ocean can be lol.

Wingnut
04-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Great job to both Dad and Daughter! :Applause:

Re8elmonk0341
04-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Time well spent with dad. and caught some fish....not a bad day!

SP Dan
04-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi ya FishinLBC,

Quality time spent with the person that you love the most ..... great memories for sure! Priceless!

Thank you for sharing your family with all of us.

SP Dan <"))><