PDA

View Full Version : AC plugs?

fishermanx14
04-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Ok i have heard a lot of crap about AC plugs and how they are going down the drain, but i also hear a lot of good things about them. One problem, lol apparently Mr. Cole dosen't check his e-mail because i have tried to make an account like 4 or five times and it still says i will get a conformation e-mail but i havent. I heard there will still work but there are a lot better swimbaits made and AC's are just out dated.....seems to me a BBZ floater has a way better realistic action than an ac plug....it also says on the website that all their baits are back ordered one or two weeks....wtf can't this guy hire someone to help him?

Cadillyak
04-11-2013, 09:06 PM
I'll take an AC plug over a BBZ any day. Just my 2 cents.

seal
04-12-2013, 08:30 AM
I've caught more fish on a BBZ than any other swimbait I own, think it's mostly a confidence issue if you get a couple you will tend to throw that bait more often.

I would not buy another AC plug, I'm sorry because they do catch fish BUT he is not taking time to make the lure correctly, the cuts of the last batch I bought were all off, lure swam sideways also the line tie was not even epoxied into one of them yup just turned in circles, gave them to a lure making friend of mine for a tuneup and he was just laughing at the lack of quality in both components and workmanship. It took me quite an effort last time I purchased them to get the order into the system and then when I checked on the progress eventhough I was nice and just curious it seemed like they were bothered that I was asking about it. At that time (1.5 years ago?) he did have someone helping him but not to build just to monitor the website.

I'd give up and buy a couple other lures, I know he still has the 2 for 1 gig going but I think his attitude is your getting a great deal shutup if it isn't perfect and takes a while. Alan gets kinda cranky, I know someone who had the same problem with the swimming of the baits and gave it back to Alan to check out, his response was "there's nothing wrong with this lure" the guy never did get his bait back he didn't think it was even worth getting it back.

They still work and nothing wrong with being simple but quality still needs to be there!

vegas fish slayer
04-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Tripple Trout and old Henerys!!! other than those i troll umbrella rigs. None of them hold a candle to Huge A** live gizzard shad. I troll 10inchers all the time with unbelievable success. I have a bunch of AC plugs just collecting dust. They arent worth using anymore. I disagree with the BBZ thing too. I dislike the action of it looks too robotic for my taste. The Rago baits are freaking awesome too. Hud is played out. It falls apart too quickly. All the handmade wooden lures all need a little tune up out of the box which is stupid with a lure that costs $60 plus. We have a place here in town that usually stocks a bunch of AC lures. People are dumb they go there and buy them up thinking they are gonna get a 40lber. 95% of the big fish caught here are all on live bait. Thats just how it is. Too bad you Cali boys cant net shad!!!! sorry had to do it! We use threadfin to catch a ton of fish and huge gizzards to catch toads.

seal
04-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Tripple Trout and old Henerys!!! other than those i troll umbrella rigs. None of them hold a candle to Huge A** live gizzard shad. I troll 10inchers all the time with unbelievable success. I have a bunch of AC plugs just collecting dust. They arent worth using anymore. I disagree with the BBZ thing too. I dislike the action of it looks too robotic for my taste. The Rago baits are freaking awesome too. Hud is played out. It falls apart too quickly. All the handmade wooden lures all need a little tune up out of the box which is stupid with a lure that costs $60 plus. We have a place here in town that usually stocks a bunch of AC lures. People are dumb they go there and buy them up thinking they are gonna get a 40lber. 95% of the big fish caught here are all on live bait. Thats just how it is. Too bad you Cali boys cant net shad!!!! sorry had to do it! We use threadfin to catch a ton of fish and huge gizzards to catch toads.

I have an annual Nevada out of state license, I fish Mead many times a year. Miss the trout plants at Pumphouse, Hemenway (spelling?) etc... Fun stuff you could chase the truck from one location to the next, you knew when they were going to plant and after the fact you knew how many pounds and the average size, much different then damn California! I don't fish live bait but I'd assume at this point lacking the plants if you can get yourself some Gizzards you should be able to pick up some big fish that no longer are targeting trout.

I agree there are other baits that work maybe better than a BBZ but they are kind of a standard for some of us old dudes out at Silverwood, they work! I started out swimbait fishing at Mead with Storm's and LA Slider's years ago, the Slider's worked fantastic and at a very low price point, you do not have to spend 50+ bucks to catch stripers on swimbaits.

fishermanx14
04-12-2013, 03:23 PM
thanks for all the info and different POV's

stocker
04-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Cut off a chunk of broom handle or dowel of choice, sand it down to shape, epoxy in some eyelet screws and paint it up a bit if you like. Then if you want to get fancy, you can add a rubber swimbait tail to it. Essentially you have now created an AC plug. Good luck, you will catch fish if you can get it to swim right and you will save $$$!!!!!

fishermanx14
04-12-2013, 08:09 PM
nice....i was thinking about getting a lathe and getting all into that stuff

RTG
04-12-2013, 08:36 PM
I think I have a couple of original AC plugs lyin' around. Also have an original wooden Castaic trout. Heck, I'd sell any of those for the right price.

fishermanx14
04-12-2013, 09:25 PM
I think I have a couple of original AC plugs lyin' around. Also have an original wooden Castaic trout. Heck, I'd sell any of those for the right price.

what size, and how many of em?