PDA

View Full Version : Lake Elizabeth Crappie bite?

fishfinder
04-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Any-one been there lately? Was thinking of trying out some new waders friday on my tube.

denthedad59
04-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Me and the daughter fished there last Friday morning. We spent all morning at the far west end (toward Lake Hughes). We were fishing for trout mainly with PB, lures and crawlers. We didn't get a bite. The water is very low...in fact at this end of the lake you can walk the shore all the way around to the other side. The cormorants were eating fish but they were so far out we couldn't tell what they were. The combination of the wind and the distance kept me from getting any bait out that far. We split and went to Apollo and came home with a few nice trout.

Purerock Racing
05-20-2013, 10:16 AM
I went to Elizabeth yesterday morning to try out a used fishing boat I just bought... anyhow, it was windy as hell when I got there but it eventually calmed down. The water was a nice hue of green and visibility was only about 5-6 inches down. No signs of fish jumping and nobody catching anything either. I didn't get a bit all morning... tried worms, lures, PB, tried for whatever I could try to catch but got nothing except a frog lol
So I'm not too sure about the condition of the lake and it's fish population... oh and the water is way down... like more than 12 feet past the the of the launch ramp low. :Sad:

fishfinder
05-20-2013, 04:01 PM
I went to Elizabeth yesterday morning to try out a used fishing boat I just bought... anyhow, it was windy as hell when I got there but it eventually calmed down. The water was a nice hue of green and visibility was only about 5-6 inches down. No signs of fish jumping and nobody catching anything either. I didn't get a bit all morning... tried worms, lures, PB, tried for whatever I could try to catch but got nothing except a frog lol
So I'm not too sure about the condition of the lake and it's fish population... oh and the water is way down... like more than 12 feet past the the of the launch ramp low. :Sad:

thanks for the info. if u go back try crappie nibblets on a white crappie jig, about 5' down. east side of the jetty in the middle of the lake is a good spot. a couple of weeks ago there were hundreds of dead bullheads on the shores. hopefully that gets rid of them for awhile. last year i went to launch my boat there and the lake was 5' below the ramp. sad indeed.

ltj427
05-21-2013, 10:13 AM
that sucks about the water level, and the bullheads(me and my little girls like to go there just to catch em)

PilgrimDG
05-21-2013, 08:29 PM
I was there last week. The jig w/nibble guys were doing very well. I caught 5 on flies and was there about 2 hours. Went back yesterday and it was dead. Not even a bite in a couple hours of trying. The water has warmed to 76. I think they might have moved off.