PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake 4-7-13 Killin Em' Quickly

Cptengineer
04-08-2013, 01:51 PM
So my company's rock fishing trip out of Oxnard got canceled. So may father in law and I decide to pack up out 18 pack and trout poles and try out corona. Got there at 5:50 and opted not to get a boat. We set up at the shore to the right of the Dam per FNNer recommendations. Lines were int he water by 6:20, and the first bite of many was at about 6:50. Weapon of choice was power mouse (orange body, chartreuse head), also white body and pink head got some. At about 9 am everybody was hitten them, one group got a 20lb, first i'd ever seen that big (caught on plastic worm). 10 min later the guy next to us gets a 7.5 lb on a plastic mill worm, 2 ft lead of a bobber using a slow retrieve. Soon after i get my 5 lb on the power mouse. We had our 10 fish limit by 10:30. Big ups to the float tuber next to us and the gentlemen with the 7.5 lber. Great experience at Corona and great people out there as well. Any questions, let me know.

Troutin Man
04-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Was out there Friday before going to BBL this past weekend. It was wall to wall people on the beach near the dam. I mean people squeezed together like sardines. Rods maybe 4 to 5 feet apart. Enormous fishing pressure.

Couple guys got upset because of lines crossing and tangling.

One guy yelled at a guy in the water, "what...you want me to hit you on the head with my hook? Get out of the way!" It was ridiculous how many people crammed in there. Certainly not a great way to enjoy a day on the water.

Cptengineer
04-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Yah, it seemed a little too close for comfort, luckily it seemed most of the people out there as part of a company trout derby. However, when the fishing went wide open, no one seemed to mind, there was plenty for all. Will definitely be going back.