PDA

View Full Version : Sabrina/Intake II

fish'n fool
04-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Made a trip to Bishop on 3/30 - 4/1. Fished PVR. Tried the dam area for one 10 incher on an orange Power Worm :>( Gave up after an hour or so. Tried various other colors of Power Worms and Mice Tails. Got a hit on a red/gold Thomas Buoyant but wasn't able to make it stick. Pretty slow. Didn't see anybody else else getting much either. The float tubers there were having better results. One of them landed a 5 pounder. Oh well, moved on to do some sightseeing. Fished the next morning at PVR from the north end. The powerhouse looks like it's down for a while. The outlet from the powerhouse is dammed up and they're keeping it dry. Lots of water coming down from the Gorge. Anyway, I fished the reservoir where the stream ends. I C & R'd about 20 rainbows (biggest was about 14 inches) using orange/white Mice Tails and dead sticking orange Power Worms. The bite died after about an hour and a half. So I moved over to the Ramp for another 3 RB's. Left after about an hour. Took a hike up to Sabrina and it's about as empty as it could be. Only the small lake in the back is present with not much runoff occurring. Very little snow. The ice looks iffy on that back lake. Looks like no ice fishing there again :>( Intake II is snow and ice free.

Big Willy
04-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Great report, I was wondering about sabrina and intake 2. I am leaving tomorrow night to fish wed & thurs. Thanks for the heads up.