PDA

View Full Version : Wood report

fishincouple
04-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Got out to the Wood yesterday (Wed 4/3) about 6ish. Water like glass. Level down at least a foot from last week and dropped, seemed like 8-10 inches in just the day yesterday. Threw out some top water for no love. Switched over to a drop shot with a 4"white w/ red flake salt and garlic..BAM...but just as fast, he spit it out...felt good tho!! Nothing for a while, then my ultralight hits on a nightcrawler under a bobber...fought him a for a few, then snap...just too big for my light line. :Sad: A few hits on a dine soaking in the cove. Beautiful weather, not much pressure from boats considering they are open 7 days/week now. We cleaned the entire shoreline of "punk-*** fisherman left-overs" (trash) and THANK those responsible for the switch back trail carved into the hillside for a safer travel!! :Big Grin: BTW...seen a lot of bass finally moving up to shore. Happy fishin!!

Hardcor
04-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Got out to the Wood yesterday (Wed 4/3) about 6ish. Water like glass. Level down at least a foot from last week and dropped, seemed like 8-10 inches in just the day yesterday. Threw out some top water for no love. Switched over to a drop shot with a 4"white w/ red flake salt and garlic..BAM...but just as fast, he spit it out...felt good tho!! Nothing for a while, then my ultralight hits on a nightcrawler under a bobber...fought him a for a few, then snap...just too big for my light line. :Sad: A few hits on a dine soaking in the cove. Beautiful weather, not much pressure from boats considering they are open 7 days/week now. We cleaned the entire shoreline of "punk-*** fisherman left-overs" (trash) and THANK those responsible for the switch back trail carved into the hillside for a safer travel!! :Big Grin: BTW...seen a lot of bass finally moving up to shore. Happy fishin!!

Thank you for cleaning up after the DUMB AS_SES, Hey fishincouple how light was your line if you don't mind me asking and was it fluorocarbon ? Thank you for the report !

fishincouple
04-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Thank you for cleaning up after the DUMB AS_SES, Hey fishincouple how light was your line if you don't mind me asking and was it fluorocarbon ? Thank you for the report !

Hardcor, Always try to do my part as well as a bit more :Smile: Berkley Trilene XL Smooth mono/clear/4lb.

seal
04-04-2013, 01:19 PM
They are also hitting creature baits, rodents being one of my favorites. It's nice to have another target to give my arms a rest from tossing swimbaits.

Thanks for the cleanup!

Jmac
04-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the report and the cleanup. Nice to hear people picking up after disrespectful people. Gonna give it a go tomorrow and throw swim baits for about an hour then work the dropshot.

seal
04-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the report and the cleanup. Nice to hear people picking up after disrespectful people. Gonna give it a go tomorrow and throw swim baits for about an hour then work the dropshot.

Go early for the swimbaits, it's going to be windy in the afternoons for sure the next few days. The bite has picked up.

Good luck!

Jmac
04-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Hoping to get there around 6:30. Noticed last week that once the sun cracked the top of the hill the bite shutdown. Gotta see about picking up some more swimbaits. Only thing I have in my arsenal is a 6" lunker punker. Was pretty stoked to see jail birds boiling last week.

fishincouple
04-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Hoping to get there around 6:30.

Might be a bit late? I wanna say it was it was about 6:30 when we were there...wasn't a ripple in sight. :whistle:

Hardcor
04-04-2013, 03:13 PM

I will be there tomorrow Jmac , I would like to know how you do on the swimbaits

seal
04-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Hoping to get there around 6:30. Noticed last week that once the sun cracked the top of the hill the bite shutdown. Gotta see about picking up some more swimbaits. Only thing I have in my arsenal is a 6" lunker punker. Was pretty stoked to see jail birds boiling last week.

Yup 6:30 might just miss um or be on the backside of the bite, get up earlier, lol.

MikesOcean
04-05-2013, 08:08 AM
I love that place! Jmac, I hope you knock em dead! Looking forward to hear about your morning.

Brent
04-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Nice to see people like you posting about cleaning up after other disrespectful people. It'll come back to you from the fishing gods soon.
It amazes me that people that obviously enjoy the outdoors can be so stupid and disrespectful of it.
Much good luck to you on your next trip.

Brent

Jmac
04-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Well, got there at 6:40. Noticed more slurping then them exploding on top of the water. Threw the swim bait for about an hour and a half off the dock but no luck. Switched up after that to the drop shot. For some reason I had a tough time getting a good feel for strikes and my hook sets were comparable to a 95 year old man. Managed 1 LMB in the 3 and a half pound range. Surprisingly the wind was never a factor. For a few moments it was glass. I've noticed that place needs a ripple across the top to turn it on. Either way, it beats being at home.

seal
04-05-2013, 01:52 PM
That is strange on the wind front, was pretty breezy in the High Desert. They were chasing trout big time up to yesterday morning, trout zipping around in fear of their lives, but last night it was quiet on the water with very little surface activity, they might have chased them down the channel, Miller or Cleghorn, ya never know????

At least you got a nice bass out of it! Think I'm on my way there now to play with the bass for a while, I'm tired of tossing the big baits.

One other thing the bite ended yesterday morning at around 6:15am, you actually need an earlier start

river_fish
04-07-2013, 03:28 PM
That is strange on the wind front, was pretty breezy in the High Desert. They were chasing trout big time up to yesterday morning, trout zipping around in fear of their lives, but last night it was quiet on the water with very little surface activity, they might have chased them down the channel, Miller or Cleghorn, ya never know????

At least you got a nice bass out of it! Think I'm on my way there now to play with the bass for a while, I'm tired of tossing the big baits.

One other thing the bite ended yesterday morning at around 6:15am, you actually need an earlier start

So the lmb's are moving up? whats the water temp?

fishincouple
04-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Nice to see people like you posting about cleaning up after other disrespectful people. It'll come back to you from the fishing gods soon.
It amazes me that people that obviously enjoy the outdoors can be so stupid and disrespectful of it.
Much good luck to you on your next trip.

Brent

Brent, Thanks for the well wishes. The fish Gods answered! Went out the other evening and hammered em! 5 in the 1-2# class in an hour! :Surprised:

seal
04-08-2013, 03:27 PM
So the lmb's are moving up? whats the water temp?

Haven't taken it in a while. Moving up a little need a few good warm days and that should get um going a little stronger.

fishincouple
04-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Not sure the temp, but yes, we've seen quite a few up and cruising. They were hammering a drop-shot robo the other evening in the coves. Fun!