PDA

View Full Version : crestline fishing??

TTT
04-04-2013, 07:25 AM
has anyone been to lake gregory? hows the fishing? Is there any browns left?

Kingfish Addict
04-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Haven't been in awhile but going up there soon. They haven't stocked since Oct. 18th but I believe the first stock of 2013 in coming up in a week or two. There's always browns in Gregory!

bowler
04-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Haven't been in awhile but going up there soon. They haven't stocked since Oct. 18th but I believe the first stock of 2013 in coming up in a week or two. There's always browns in Gregory!

They planted the brown I there to control the crappie. The crappie in lake Gregory have over ran the lake and have stunted there growth so there are spawning and there are only 5 inch long.

seal
04-06-2013, 10:07 AM
They planted the brown I there to control the crappie. The crappie in lake Gregory have over ran the lake and have stunted there growth so there are spawning and there are only 5 inch long.

I think the previous post was related to the fact there were browns in Gregory prior to the stockings of last season. There have been occasional catches of holdover browns over the years, browns were planted years ago also.

bowler
04-06-2013, 10:15 AM
I think the previous post was related to the fact there were browns in Gregory prior to the stockings of last season. There have been occasional catches of holdover browns over the years, browns were planted years ago also.

Yes. Here read this on how there are stocking two lake with browns. http://www.outdoornewsservice.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=458:solutions-to-trout-hatchery-problems-might-just-be-a-phone-call-or-two-away&Itemid=18

seal
04-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Yes. Here read this on how there are stocking two lake with browns. http://www.outdoornewsservice.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=458:solutions-to-trout-hatchery-problems-might-just-be-a-phone-call-or-two-away&Itemid=18

Bowler well aware of the stocking of browns and why. This stuff has been talked about numerous times on this website and others. I just hope most are being released to do the job they are being planted for, oh and the fact that in a couple years there will be larger browns that I can target with swimbaits.

Thanks!

bowler
04-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Bowler well aware of the stocking of browns and why. This stuff has been talked about numerous times on this website and others. I just hope most are being released to do the job they are being planted for, oh and the fact that in a couple years there will be larger browns that I can target with swimbaits.

Thanks!

I hope they are being released too. But i see that a lot of ppl are keeping them at Gregory.